for the storm 2? I am new to blackberry and apps. Do any of them have voice turn by turn directions?

thanks in advance
    11-21-09 12:29 PM
    garmin gps
    11-21-09 12:37 PM
    Garmin's offering does look quite good. It does integrate a bunch of stuff that Google and BB Maps don't, but for $100 I am going to give the others a go first to see if they have much for shortcomings that I would be willing to pay to get.

BTW, Garmin has a 7 day free trial. Sometime when I will be out on the road for a bit, I think I will give it a try. The main vehicle I drive has built-in GPS, so it would not really be needed there.
    Last edited by BearLeeAlive; 11-21-09 at 01:00 PM.
    11-21-09 12:50 PM
    11-21-09 07:07 PM
    I had had Garmin Mobile for my S1 for about 10 months and I can tell you it is a very well done program. It works well and is very easy to use while driving. The free alternatives such as Nav4All, AmazeGPS, Google Maps, etc. to name two are very difficult to use while driving and aren't even in the same league as Garmin. Of course they are free and so it is not a fair comparison when you consider price. For my purpose I wanted something that was usable and functional and Garmin Mobile is everything I wanted.

Although I now have a Garmin Nuvi in my work and personal vehicles I use the Garmin Mobile for three main purposes: 1. It integrates with the contacts on my BB. 2. For travel (I don't pack the Nuvi), and 3. The built in local search which uses the BB's data connection is much more up to date then the built in POI database in the Nuvi.

The last caveat about spending $80.00 on this application is the possibility that Google Mobile will be made available for the BB platform in the future. Again, if and when it is available it will be free and from what the Droid owners say, it is a pretty decent program.

You will be happy with Garmin Mobile, if you're willing to spend the bucks.
    11-21-09 08:28 PM
    i personally like the vz navigator but thats just me
    11-21-09 08:31 PM
    im still on the vz nav trial and ive got to say so far im not liking it. It gets me where i need to go but the interface is confusing. If it were a one time charge id maybe get it but no way is it is worth 10 bucks a month.

I was going to pull on the garmin app but figure once google gets the mobile gps good and ready on the android os they will port it over to other smartphones and cripple gps units.
    11-21-09 09:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD