So I am planning on going from my Bold 9650 running OS5..975 to the 9930 running OS7/6.1.

I am curious about app compatibility regarding some of my most important apps, most of which are paid apps. Will any of these work (knowing that some have OS6 versions that I would likely have to try anyways)?

Berrybuzz 3.x - My research says that this should work (and 2.x+ should I think)

Berryweather
    - My research says that it should, at least the OS6 version.

PodTrapper - Not sure. No OS6 version. Also sent an eMail to Marcus asking him about this and if he is doing any updated OS versions....

Quicklaunch - I am running the OS5/OS6 version for 9650/9630. I really hope this will work

UberSocial - There's an OS6 version listed on their site for Torch/Curve3G/Pearl3G. Would love to know if either will work....

CB Wallpaper Changer Pro

Thanks ahead of time for your thoughts/help!

Note to Mods: I just noticed that there is a OS7 subforum. This thread might make more sense being in that subforum rather than the 9930/9900 Subforum. Feel free to move this if you agree!
    Last edited by jlb21; 05-18-11 at 08:38 AM.
    05-18-11 08:28 AM
    It's OS7... and nobody knows which apps will be compatible yet.

Once the device has been released and app developers can start their work, then we will know.
    05-18-11 08:38 AM
    Do developers have the capability to have device simulators ahead of time so that they can try and get things out quickly?

I guess the big question mark answers what I will do with DSW....I'll just copy mail/contacts over. Wait, can mail even be copied over? Though I that's no biggie if it can't...
    05-18-11 08:51 AM
    i really dont know how its going to work, for example the screen is a different resolution, so that could be an issue, or maybe not, guess we`ll find out soon
    05-18-11 09:17 AM
    i really dont know how its going to work, for example the screen is a different resolution, so that could be an issue, or maybe not, guess we`ll find out soon
    For one thing it will make unchanged icons look rather small.
    05-18-11 09:36 AM
    I think most apps that run on OS6 will function in OS7. But, there may be small bugs such as the icon images and other graphics (like BerryWeather) related stuff.

The TCP/IP and BIS architecture is the same for all Blackberries and very similar to each other(if not the same) from OS5 to OS7 with any build in between. So I don't think there will be an issue with loading most of the apps that run on OS6 to OS7.

Anyway, that's what I think.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-11 10:00 AM
    That's what I am hoping at least for my two most important productivity apps...quicklaunch and berrybuzz.
    05-18-11 10:20 AM
    For one thing it will make unchanged icons look rather small.
    supprisingly this probably wont be a problem. normally the OS resizes icons to fit, hence how some can sometimes look slightly pixelated if you installa 8500 launcher on a 9700 for example.

plus nobody has complained about the drop in icon size on the 9780 over the 9700, for 9700 was 80x80 for 9780 is 68x68, and for 99xx and 9850 its 92x92
    05-18-11 07:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD