...like TweetGenius or t4bb-it would be the perfect twitter app.

IMO, of course.
    04-09-10 11:54 PM
    If I remember correctly ubertwitter recently hired a UI designer and were planning on designing a new look.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-10 11:57 PM
    If I remember correctly ubertwitter recently hired a UI designer and were planning on designing a new look.

This is true. It was mentioned on their time line some time ago.

UT is my favorite Twitter app so far. I would love it even more if it updates automatically when I post a new Tweet, like the RIM app.
    04-10-10 12:03 AM
    That's what I'm waiting for now. I must have tried most every app available over the last couple weeks, and always found a few things in each they didn't do (or do as well as) Uber.
    04-10-10 12:06 AM
    I've never been a fan of Uber. I think the only time I used it was when it first came out and I was waiting on my SS invite. I'm a girly girl, and I like 'cute' stuff. The UI is a big deal to me. So, I dropped it without second thoughts as soon as I could.

I'm glad to hear they're finally going to work on the UI. Good for them!
    04-10-10 01:44 AM
    T4BB almost convinced me to switch over from UT. However T4BB doesn't support location based tweets yet. Until you can attach your location to tweets (as well view the location of the tweet), UT will always have a home on my device. As it is now, the only location services with T4BB is that you can view the last known location from the person's profile, not the tweet itself.

Everything else I thought was missing, I later found after digging through the app. The search criteria available is outstanding. As well, I'm of the opinion that editable retweets aren't needed, as they're not actually retweets but really @replies with the body of the original tweet automatically pasted in. I think most people don't fully understand the difference or purpose between retweets and replying.

[edit]oh yeah, well I guess one other feature I would like to see is a friend picker. But to be honest it's not all that often I need it.
    Last edited by rmjones101; 04-10-10 at 02:27 AM.
    04-10-10 02:25 AM
    I have to agree it would be the best app if the ui was better. This is the one thing that draws me away from it.
    04-10-10 03:22 AM
    Message List integration is what won me over for RIM's Twitter app. It's not perfect yet (mentions / replies should show up as actual messages in the inbox like DMs as opposed to just a notification that you have new mentions) but it's getting there. Performance is way better than the first beta and the UI is perty. I love Ubertwitter though and am happy to have paid for it, but RIM's app is the direction I'm going.
    04-10-10 06:08 AM
    I love UT. I only wish there was a different refresh option (to open up on the most recent tweet vs down in the middle where you left off) Great app and just as "pretty" as TG

04-10-10 09:47 AM
    This is true. It was mentioned on their time line some time ago.

UT is my favorite Twitter app so far. I would love it even more if it updates automatically when I post a new Tweet, like the RIM app.
    Ubertwitter does update when you post a new tweet. It does for me anyways.
    04-10-10 10:18 AM
    Ubertwitter does update when you post a new tweet. It does for me anyways.
    Doesn't work for me.
    I'm talking about INSTANT refresh, like the RIM app.
    Sometimes I post something and I see the "load" icon and then it comes up a few seconds after. Kind of annoying but not a big deal...
    04-10-10 10:12 PM
    although i'm a socialscope user, i agree that ubertwitter would benefit greatly from a gui overhaul. in fact, if i didn't have ss, i'm positive i'd still be using ubertwitter. i just love how ss integrates my fb, tw, & foursquare.

although i've never used tweetgenius, i've heard praises of it's easy to use/aesthetically pleasing ui. if ut can compete with tg in this field, there would be no reason for bb users to purchase tg anymore.
    04-10-10 11:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD