Found this in another thread, this should fix some of the problems (such as missing facebook/java.lang errrors) if you used desktop manager on a MAC to do v5 OS update. It worked for me.

1.) Backup your data.

2.) In the Mac version of the Blackberry Desktop software, click Applications, then Check for Updates.

3.) Click "Show other versions"

4.) Select the option labelled "Current Version - Reload" then click Select

5.) In the next screen, expand the "Reload Options" area and make sure both "Back up and restore device data" and "Back up and restore third-party applications" are unchecked

6.) Click re-load

7.) Restore your previous backup

8.) Re-install third-party applications manually.
    10-28-09 02:15 AM
    Just curious how many folks out there saw their apps go to **** with the update. I use Audible on my commute, and today (with the update) is stops the audiobook every few seconds. You can hit pause and then play again, and it plays for a random amount of time before stopping again. I suppose the Audible folks will fix this, but I'm wondering if a lot of 3rd party apps were junked by this update.
    Ditto problem. Is there another app that will play aa files? I can download the aa files to my Sandisk MP3 player and it plays them, so surely there is some way for other programs to read the audible codec, no?
    10-28-09 07:41 AM
    Everything works fine for me. Weather bug elite. Pandora. Quick pull. Pointe. Google maps. To name a few

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Are you sure Pandora is working. Most of us experience a pause in the song with approximately 20 seconds or so left. The temporary work around is to press pause and play again. Pandora says they are working on a fix for this. So I would be very interested in knowing if Pandora is really working on your phone and if so I wonder what is different about your phone setup?
    10-28-09 02:51 PM
    Pandora released a new version today. There is a thread in the main forum. Just go to pandora.com on the bb browser and download the new version. Viola!
    10-28-09 04:16 PM
    Pandora released a new version today. There is a thread in the main forum. Just go to pandora.com on the bb browser and download the new version. Viola!
    This was worthy of a new thread IMHO. All the people complaining will miss this important post and that's a shame.

But then again if you did post a new thread it might get moved to third party apps...can't win either way.
    10-28-09 04:22 PM
    This was worthy of a new thread IMHO. All the people complaining will miss this important post and that's a shame.

But then again if you did post a new thread it might get moved to third party apps...can't win either way.
    MarcPandora did and it was.
    10-28-09 05:49 PM
    Just curious how many folks out there saw their apps go to **** with the update. I use Audible on my commute, and today (with the update) is stops the audiobook every few seconds. You can hit pause and then play again, and it plays for a random amount of time before stopping again. I suppose the Audible folks will fix this, but I'm wondering if a lot of 3rd party apps were junked by this update.
    I have the same exact problem myself. I use AUDIBLE daily & with the new OS, every time you see the timer start the audio stops. I have reverted back to 4.7 until this is fixed.
    10-28-09 06:16 PM
    All my apps seem to be working ok except Quickpull and Audible. I have the Appleberry theme and it is working ok with the update. Hope Audible updates soon...I don't want to have to go back to 4.7. New OS is noticeably faster, less lag time on the camera too.
    10-29-09 05:26 PM
    everything seems to be working fine ... except for beejive ... my list of 3rd party apps is below....

beejive (NG)
    gmail
    google maps
    google voice
    myverizon
    pandora (stops playing a song w/ 20 secs. left - then continues)
    quickpull (beta for storm v5.0)
    socialscope
    viigo
    vvm

noticed my free app memory went from about 35MB to 26MB after the update (and numerous battery pulls) ... grrrrrrrrrr.
    Love to know where to get the quickpull beta...?
    10-29-09 05:29 PM
    10-29-09 05:34 PM
    Does anyone here use StormSlider (or BerrySlider) -- people say theirs work fine but on mine, when it activates (autolocks), i get the busy icon until my memory runs out and get the message "Out of memory".
    10-29-09 05:38 PM
    Everything works for me except Beyond 160. Anyone else having problems with it?

JPD217
    10-29-09 11:12 PM
    Blackberry App World has disappeared twice on me. I've searched, no can find. When I download it again, it works fine, then lo' and behold the next days the sucker is just--gone! Weird.
    10-30-09 02:07 PM
    Does anyone here use StormSlider (or BerrySlider) -- people say theirs work fine but on mine, when it activates (autolocks), i get the busy icon until my memory runs out and get the message "Out of memory".
    I have it and it is working for me. They have put out two updates in the last day. Possibly try updating?
    10-30-09 04:19 PM
    Blackberry App World has disappeared twice on me. I've searched, no can find. When I download it again, it works fine, then lo' and behold the next days the sucker is just--gone! Weird.
    The same thing happened to me too. Also, the stations i cached on Slacker Radio are gone.
    10-30-09 04:32 PM
    App World did similar things to me last night when I upgraded too. It would open as a web page, and I'd download the app again, and then 'archived' Facebook, BBMessenger and MSNMessenger would appear beside it. I tried to restore the archives, but couldn't find them, so I deleted them. As soon as I deleted them, I lost App World again -- the icon opened the web browser again.

I finally reinstalled each of FB, MSN, and BBM from the mobile Blackberry site rather than from the archives or within App World, and then they showed up. I deleted the archives, they stayed deleted, and App World remained.

Must be Trick or Treat.

(this is my first post on the forum -- I've had my Storm since July, after my Treo died)
    10-30-09 04:57 PM
    Quicklaunch "Reset Device" does not work.
    KeePass 1.2 for Blackberry does not work.
    10-30-09 05:05 PM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD