I was surfing around on the internet yesterday & came across an app. for BB that let your texts pop up on the screen, for example, like when you're in an app. you won't have to come out of it to read the text or text back...any idea what I'm talking about? I can't seem to find it again. LOL.
    08-13-09 04:11 PM
    08-13-09 04:18 PM
    08-13-09 05:40 PM
    I use Aerize alerts. It is a great application. It even blends into my theme really well so that it looks as if it is a part of the OS. If you have pictures of your contacts, it looks even better too.
    08-13-09 06:22 PM
    I used Aerize. The popups got to be a pain in the ***. Unless I am stairing at my blackberry when a text/email comes in, it has no value to me. When they did, after the "this is cool" phase wore off, it was a major pain, cause it would interupt right when I was texting or composing an email.

These popup apps are way overrated!!!
    08-13-09 06:32 PM
    I agree with teeitupmo, I tried a popup app that had a trial period for about 2 days and deleted it. It got annoying really fast.
    08-13-09 07:02 PM
    It depends how you use your blackberry. I think it is a pain in the *** to close the browser to read a text.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-09 07:59 PM
    I dont use peek for the SMS, just the email, I have berrybuzz also so I get a colored led for my sms so I know its a text
    08-13-09 08:15 PM
    08-13-09 09:12 PM
    I second Rachel. I have been using Aerize alerts for a while now and have it set to only pop up for e-mails. It can be annoying when it pops up and you are doing something else. Usually with texting I am going to carry on a conversation so I find pop ups a waste. Hope this helps.
    08-13-09 09:21 PM
    I assigned my left speed button to application switcher. Problem solved. I grew to HATE popup notifications with my old dumbphones.
    08-13-09 11:20 PM
    I had this SMS Alert Popup for Blackberry and it was really cool, nice and colorful and popped up your messages for you but it totally killed my battery so I had to delete it.
    08-14-09 03:09 AM
    Yea you better off getting berrybuzz.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-09 04:57 PM
    I like BerryPopUp. The only thing that bugs me is having to still go back to the SMS folder to clear the notification. The email lets you choose 'mark as read' and you don't need to it for e-mail.
    08-14-09 11:56 PM
    I used Aerize. The popups got to be a pain in the ***. Unless I am stairing at my blackberry when a text/email comes in, it has no value to me. When they did, after the "this is cool" phase wore off, it was a major pain, cause it would interupt right when I was texting or composing an email.

These popup apps are way overrated!!!
    I have to agree with you. 98% of the time it is in my holster asleep, and the rest of the time I am using IM+ and will check the SMS or email when I have a free moment.

But to each their own I guess.
    08-15-09 12:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD