So one thing I miss about the basic flip phone, or bar phone, is when you get an SMS it automatically pops up .. Are there any good apps I can download straight from my mobile device that can 'recreate' this function I so badly miss?

Thanks, Rhiannon.
    05-15-10 03:07 PM
    So one thing I miss about the basic flip phone, or bar phone, is when you get an SMS it automatically pops up .. Are there any good apps I can download straight from my mobile device that can 'recreate' this function I so badly miss?

Thanks, Rhiannon.
    Here is one you may want to checkout:

BerryPopup - E-Mail and SMS Notifications with Preview - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    Last edited by kwkid; 05-15-10 at 03:13 PM. Reason: typo
    05-15-10 03:11 PM
    I have never used any of these apps, but they are available. Those who use these will know more and add any that i missed!

Berry Popup

BBLight

SMS Popup Alerts

Leave It On

PeeKaWho Email SMS Alerts

Aerize Email Alerts - Email / SMS Popup Notifications

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-10 03:27 PM
    I have never used any of these apps, but they are available. Those who use these will know more and add any that i missed!

Berry Popup

BBLight

SMS Popup Alerts

Leave It On

PeeKaWho Email SMS Alerts

Aerize Email Alerts - Email / SMS Popup Notifications

Thank you
    05-15-10 04:00 PM
    I was going to recommend BerryPopUp as well but when I get an SMS it just pops up but only shows the name and number of the sender. When I press open inbox it takes me to Messages and not SMS/MMS. So I would recommend experimenting with all of them until you find one that works

05-16-10 07:02 AM
    You can set it to show a message preview, too.

05-16-10 08:18 AM
    If you want the total customization of text messages, this is what I use..

Empower Threaded SMS - Communication & Internet BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store

Quick SMS: Speed dial for SMS - Communication & Internet BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store

SMS Popup Alert for Blackberry Bold, Curve, Tour, Storm, Pearl, 8800 - GetEmpower.com

The above all work with each other. On the threaded sms, there are now 2 themes, the bubble and classic. They all come with a free trial, so you can try it free. You could probably get away without having the quick sms, as threaded sms lists all the text messages you have sent, just have to scroll to the name you want to text to.
    Last edited by trucksmoveamerica; 05-16-10 at 09:28 AM.
    05-16-10 09:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD