If you press and hold the green call button it will send you into what looks like your contacts list, thing is when you hit BB button there is no option for SMS like there is in the contacts list. For some reason I like holding the green button to pull up my contacts but with this no SMS option?
    01-11-10 08:44 PM
    If you press and hold the green call button it will send you into what looks like your contacts list, thing is when you hit BB button there is no option for SMS like there is in the contacts list. For some reason I like holding the green button to pull up my contacts but with this no SMS option?
    Nope this is for calling a contact only, if you know who you want send an sms to, open a new one and in the to block type the first letter of the name and those contacts come up. You can do for each to person.
    01-11-10 09:09 PM
    Nope this is for calling a contact only, if you know who you want send an sms to, open a new one and in the to block type the first letter of the name and those contacts come up. You can do for each to person.
    I'm not sure I follow you but I see that if you hit the green button once it brings you to recent calls and in there you can type a letter of the person your trying to SMS and then hit BB button and then you have the SMS option.

Honestly I find this to be a bug in the OS, you should be able to SMS from whatever way you get into contacts. Wonder if they changed this in 5.0.

Thanks for your confirmation with this as it was driving me nuts as sometimes I go into contacts and then decide not to call but instead SMS and I can't I have to back out of it and go into contacts the orignial way.
    01-11-10 09:26 PM
    yeah, i find that annoying too. and it hasn't changed in 5.0.0.419.
    01-12-10 03:54 AM
    There's a dedicated "compose" icon...you could put that on your home page. It's not just for email. You could just do the same with your contacts icon. Holding the call button isn't really saving many/any steps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-10 04:03 AM
    There's a dedicated "compose" icon...you could put that on your home page. It's not just for email. You could just do the same with your contacts icon. Holding the call button isn't really saving many/any steps.

Thanks for your input, thing is with getting into contacts via the green button you don't have to manually close the app down, just hit the red button and its closed. I know its petty but I wouldn't think it would be a big deal for RIM to correct.
    01-12-10 10:49 AM
    Good point. And I agree. It would be very nice if all methods of contact were available that way.

01-12-10 05:49 PM
    I'm not sure I follow you but I see that if you hit the green button once it brings you to recent calls and in there you can type a letter of the person your trying to SMS and then hit BB button and then you have the SMS option.

Honestly I find this to be a bug in the OS, you should be able to SMS from whatever way you get into contacts. Wonder if they changed this in 5.0.

Thanks for your confirmation with this as it was driving me nuts as sometimes I go into contacts and then decide not to call but instead SMS and I can't I have to back out of it and go into contacts the orignial way.

I don't get it, didn't you just answer your own question? Why MUST you hold the green button? A click will give u just as many steps to create an SMS to someone: click green, type name, click BB button, choose SMS..."Hold" green, type name, click BB button, no SMS option

And I don't think hitting the red button closes the app, because if you don't that and then check the app switcher, it is the first icon...whereas if you actually close it from the menu, it goes to the end of the list.

01-12-10 11:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD