My girlfriend has a new T-Mobile 8520 with just the default Precision Theme. She was complaining the other day that it was a pain to work with SMS in the generic Messages app. I told her to use the SMS/MMS app instead, but was surprised that when I went to show it to her it wasn't on the phone, hidden or not.

Does the 8520 come with a separate SMS/MMS app and hers just got deleted somewhere along the way?
    01-03-10 10:34 AM
    It's probably set to merge the message icons...

I don't remember where the option to separate them on 4.6 is thou. Check Options maybe under Themes. Sorry I can't be more accurate.
    01-03-10 10:52 AM
    I have an 8520, and mine came with the SMS/MMS app. I looked in options/general options and where it says SMS and Email inboxes it says "theme controlled", but it gives me options to set it to combined and separate. maybe try there... I'll keep digging into my settings and see if I see anything. I currently have 4.6.1.

Edit: I just looked at all my settings for SMS Text and messages and MMS and the only place I saw where any option for the app to appear was where I told you first. You could try changing that setting to "separate"; it's under Messages, Options, General Options. Hope I explained myself clear enough
    Last edited by JRF_8520; 01-03-10 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Updating what I wrote
    01-03-10 11:55 AM
    That did the trick. Thanks much.
    01-04-10 01:12 PM
    That did the trick. Thanks much.
    no prob! glad it helped
    01-04-10 05:34 PM
  6. from_TP2_sprint_to_bbcurve_tmobile's Avatar
    i'm new to the whole blackberry scene.. what do ya mean by sms/mms app?

and what exactly does the themes setting do under sms?
    01-04-10 06:53 PM
    it changes how sms, mms, and email messages are combined or not into different inboxes.

Most users probably opt for sms/mms in one inbox (SMS/MMS), email in a separate inbox (Messages).
    01-04-10 06:58 PM
  8. from_TP2_sprint_to_bbcurve_tmobile's Avatar
    it changes how sms, mms, and email messages are combined or not into different inboxes.

Most users probably opt for sms/mms in one inbox (SMS/MMS), email in a separate inbox (Messages).
    thats what i had at first all in one but it confusing considering that its semi threaded.. i cant even read EVERYTHING in threaded view.. maes me miss my touch pro 2 :0( but its cool... as long as i have a qwerty keyboard and text im happy
    01-04-10 08:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD