Hey all, in need of some assistance.

In my County we are sent SMS message in addition to being paged out for calls. The SMS has the type of call and location with other info included.

What I am looking for is a GPS mapping software to integrate with the SMS part of the OS to allow the address to be click able and launch the 3rd party GPS mapping software to direct from my current location.

Is there such a thing?

Any Dev's out the willing to make such an app to work along side current GPS mapping software?
    11-21-10 10:00 PM
    That would be a cool app.
    11-22-10 07:16 PM
    Ya man really hoping for something. Surprised something is not out for us now days with people send a text with their address, you would figure it would load up GPS software, heck even BB maps.
    11-22-10 10:51 PM
    It's easy to create an app that turns address into clickable BB Map (or Google map) link.

But it is hard to recognize which part of the text is actually the address. If the text message has some structure, e.g.
    ------------------
    phone: 1234566
    address: 11 Macclesfield Street, London
    info: Call me back

-----------------

it would be easy for an app to parse the text and extract the address, but if the text message is something like this:

---------------
    Hey Joe, come to my house to have a drink, I live in London, you know the Macclesfield Street, the number is eleven.
    ---------------

then you will need artificial intelligence to recognize the address
    11-24-10 01:51 AM
    Would this work?

COUNTY 911 :ALFRRES, F2, FIRE ALARM RES BLDG, 240 GRANT AVE, ROS, btwn OAK ST and END
    11-27-10 04:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD