My top row on my Storm 2 is SMS/MMS, Facebook, and Messages(email). When I have a posting on Facebook, they send my email a notification that I have a new posting. IS there any way that I can eliminate so many notifications? It's really not a big deal except when I have multiple friends posting on Facebook. Also is there a SPAM filter so I can eliminate all the emails from AARP, Siding companies, and other royal pains in the a**? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    05-27-10 08:52 PM
    Ok as I am further thinking, is there an application that will link all the message apps to one where you can see each one just in that tab. One tab that has SMS, MMS, Email, and Facebook notifications. Messages will do Facebook and emails but not SMS or MMS. Thanks.
    05-27-10 09:07 PM
    you have to go into your FB settings and turn off the text, email notifications and then you will just have the single FB notification.
    05-28-10 02:03 AM
    Ok as I am further thinking, is there an application that will link all the message apps to one where you can see each one just in that tab. One tab that has SMS, MMS, Email, and Facebook notifications. Messages will do Facebook and emails but not SMS or MMS. Thanks.
    IF I am understanding you correctly, (I think you are asking how to put email, SMS, MMS in the same folder). Open the main messages folder>hit BB menu button>options>inbox settings>check both email and other messages. Then you can hide the individual email icons and SMS/MMS icon and everything will show up in your main Messages folder.

If I was not correctly understanding your question, please clarify.
    05-28-10 10:53 AM
    Even with my settings configured correctly on the latest FB app sometimes when I receive notifications the actually FB notification in the messages app shows up in text only format, then I can't reply from that....it works about 2/3 of the time where I can reply from the actual FB notification message.

I think it's just that the FB4BB app is crap...thought they were supposed to have a new one out by the end of May......
    05-28-10 06:03 PM
    IF I am understanding you correctly, (I think you are asking how to put email, SMS, MMS in the same folder). Open the main messages folder>hit BB menu button>options>inbox settings>check both email and other messages. Then you can hide the individual email icons and SMS/MMS icon and everything will show up in your main Messages folder.

If I was not correctly understanding your question, please clarify.
    Yep that is exactly what I wanted. Thanks everyone.
    05-30-10 08:07 PM
    What kind of email account are your FB messages getting sent to?

I have mine sent to a Gmail account, and I set up a label for Facebook notifications, then I set up a filter that labels (almost) all FB notifications with the label, marks the messages as read, then archives the messages.

This way, the messages still show up in my BB and trigger the FB app to alert me to a new message, but since the email arrives as "read", there is no second EMAIL notification. You could use similar filters for your SPAM messages you speak of.

You may not be able to achieve *exactly* the same thing, but even if you don't use Gmail (or even if you do), you can set up filters on the BIS site as well.
    05-30-10 10:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD