Hye there !
    Im a new CB-member and I need your help !!

Im searchin an app that is able to block sms messages from several contacts.
    Like iBlacklist for iPhone or Advanced Sms Block for symian !

It would be very kind of you !

Thanks

Jenny (From Switzerland)
    01-11-10 03:31 PM
    Try using the firewall

Last edited by mookish; 01-11-10 at 04:10 PM.
    01-11-10 04:07 PM
    Oh thx very much, but am I also able to read the blocked sms in a specific folder or something ?

THX :-)
    01-11-10 04:55 PM
    Try using the firewall

+1 I am very impressed by BB's on-board firewall.
    01-11-10 06:17 PM
    Privacy Manager Pro will allow you to block specific numbers that send SMS text and allow a WhiteList.
    01-11-10 07:59 PM
    Privacy Manager Pro will allow you to block specific numbers that send SMS text and allow a WhiteList.
    Thx very much !

But that is just for calls, not for sms messages, isnt it ?

Jenny
    01-12-10 04:30 AM
    It will block email by sender and domain. It will block SMS text by sender.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-10 06:16 AM
    here is a odd issue.. i enable the firewall, put excempt contact, but it still blocks SOME contacts' SMS messages. its so odd, some contacts can SMS, some get blocked although the firewall is set right (i used firewall many times but i dont get it). i wonder if its a bug with the new latest OS?
    01-25-10 09:31 PM
    Help>>>> My privacy manager is not working can anyone help me pls>>>
    08-14-10 07:59 AM
    Make sure you *save* the contacts in your address book before turning the firewall for SMS on. If it appears to malfunction, disable and re-enable it, saving each time you do that. If that doesn't help, do a battery pull for 20 seconds and then put the battery back in, see if it helps. Looks like quite a few have these issues.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-10 10:02 AM
    here is a odd issue.. i enable the firewall, put excempt contact, but it still blocks SOME contacts' SMS messages. its so odd, some contacts can SMS, some get blocked although the firewall is set right (i used firewall many times but i dont get it). i wonder if its a bug with the new latest OS?
    Check the Fields under which you have saved numbers (work, mobile, Home, etc.) and do a comparison of which fields it's accepting and which it is not.
    I have had this issue with software packages not recognising certain fields.
    08-14-10 08:39 PM
    If you are trying to have an app which will hide sms from ceratin people, and allow you only to view it in a specific folder, From what I understand, rim doesn't allow 3rd party manufacturers make apps which will do this, using the firewalls totally blocks out the sms from comng to your phone
    08-15-10 07:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD