I have a plan that allows unlimited SMS messages a month.
    I want to be able to send SMS's to people from my laptop though and am in need of an application that will link my 9700 to my laptop and a program that will send the SMS through the phone to the recipients.

Any clues how to?

Thanks
    05-05-10 10:27 PM
    Best Buy does MiQ, it will back up your phone, allow you to view pics and more, and you can send text messages from it.

Free mobile phone contact, photo, video and text message backup :: mIQ
    05-05-10 10:39 PM
    Downloaded App, opened account and does everything accept send SMS....dooh
    05-06-10 04:27 PM
    Really? Maybe that isn't available in your country. When I click on "Messages" at the top it brings me to all my messages, and I'm able to compose and send a SMS from it. Just tested it in fact.
    05-06-10 04:48 PM
    you can text from computer if you use google voice
    05-06-10 05:27 PM
    No access to Google voice in Australia yet
    05-06-10 06:58 PM
    Best Buy does MiQ, it will back up your phone, allow you to view pics and more, and you can send text messages from it.

Free mobile phone contact, photo, video and text message backup :: mIQ
    I installed this yesterday, and loving it so far. But some things I noticed about it. The calendar is only showing on set of calender items that what is actually on the phone. It's showing events and such from FaceBook, not my default calender that I set appt under.
    Also, it appears to not have synced all my photos over, it seems to have randomly selected photos to sync.....
    and one last thing (I ask cause I don't see it explained anywhere), if I edit a contact, add a calander items, delete a photo from the site, will it reflect the changes on the phone?
    Another thing I noticed this morning, when I send a txt via the site, that does not seem to work either....it stays in the "unsent" folder......
    ANybody who knows a bit about this, if they could shed some light on my inqueries I would appreciate it.
    Last edited by cybermonkey; 05-07-10 at 09:14 AM.
    05-07-10 08:40 AM
    Hi,

Seems like you are running into a few bugs. Some quick notes: mIQ works best when it is the only sync application running. Also, it will choose a calendar to prioritize. Email our support team for more information and to help get you through these bugs. Thanks!

Support@miqlive.com
    05-21-10 03:31 PM
    Hi,

Seems like you are running into a few bugs. Some quick notes: mIQ works best when it is the only sync application running. Also, it will choose a calendar to prioritize. Email our support team for more information and to help get you through these bugs. Thanks!

Support@miqlive.com
    thanks I shall do that
    06-03-10 09:07 AM
    I sent an e-mail to the support address, but I will mention another issue I have this morning.
    When I send a message via the website, I get this:
    Message has not been sent
    There are several potential explanations for this:

Your phone is off
    Mobile is not on or connected
    Manual sync is on (messages will only send if automatic)
    You elected not to sync text messages

None of these are issues, cause I double checked. The phone is on; mobile is connected via any means it finds; auto sync is on; and text messages is set to sync.....
    06-03-10 09:11 AM
    Well for the calender, found out why it only shows one. The site uses the calendar with the most events (which for me is the facebook one with all the birthdays being listed).

Still need to figure out why it's not sending txt messages from the website though.....
    06-03-10 10:09 AM
    Well, you can always send an email to the appropriate SMS gateway. Sure, you won't have the "sent" message in your SMS box, but you would have the record of it in your mailbox.

For instance, to send an SMS via the Verizon gateway you use the following syntax: 9781234567@vtext.com.

All the carriers have a similar gateway.

Since I don't have unlimited TXT, when I TXT my daughter, I use the gateway outbound, and she just TXTs back to my email address. Works like a charm.
    06-03-10 11:43 AM
    Email our support team on this one. There are a few possible explanations, but hopefully they can get it squared away for you! Thanks! Support@miqlive.com
    06-08-10 03:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD