Hi All
    I wonder if anyone knows if there is an SMS App similar to the "Text Plus 4" for the BB? My reason being my sister and I text each other across the Canada/US border and my ***** service provider no longer provides an International texting plan anymore. I think Rogers and Bell offer something like 500 cross border texts for $15.00 which is crap.

Thanks
    09-30-10 11:37 PM
    BBM... free...
    Or ping if one of you doesn't have a BlackBerry.
    10-01-10 03:43 PM
    Hey thanks SCRID2000

Yeah, I can't or haven't yet convinced my sis to go for a BB. So Ping might work for me? Two more questions: Can I receive texts with this (I'm guessing so) and does she have to have the app too (which wouldn't work out for her)

Thanks again
    10-01-10 05:34 PM
    Ping is basically bbm for any smartphone, so if she doesn't have a smart phone (and a data plan) it won't work.
    I don't know of any way to do it sans smartphone...
    I suppose if she gets email on her phone, most carriers assign your phone an email address.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-10 05:36 PM
    i can sms my friends in US from Canada by adding their mobile number to their msn/ wlm account or make on for them and add it to the account. then u can send and rec sms from them just by address book instead of opening and using msn/ wlm.
    10-01-10 08:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD