I did a search and couldnt find the info that i was looking for. My question is this...if i have SMS Alert (the program that turns the screen on if you get a sms) will it turn the screen on even if it is in standy mode? I dont want to get the program if it doesnt because i always have my berry in standby. thanks for the help

My bad.....i meant to say the "SMS Display On" program. Just wanted to know if it wakes the phone up from Standby to display the SMS message? Thanks

JD
    Last edited by usmc_jd; 08-17-08 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Mispelled the program name
    08-17-08 03:01 PM
    there is a free trial on it, i use bblight it is freeware
    08-17-08 03:26 PM
    there is a free trial on it, i use bblight it is freeware
    Never heard of BBlight. What does this software actually do??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-08 03:32 PM
    whenever u recieve a text it will activate the backlighting on your screen instead of just the led flashing
    08-17-08 03:49 PM
    Here's some info on it:

BBLight is a freeware Blackberry Application which is especially handy on the Blackberry 7230 and Blackberry 7290, it gives you the possibility to activate the background light by a few parameters which can be chosen by the user:

Activate on startup: this needs to be set / activated in order to get the program (BBLight) to work.

Poll Interval (ms) this is how many milliseconds the program waits before it checks again if the light needs to be activated. Standard is 1000.

On user activity: activate bblight when the user uses the scroll wheel, or pushes a button on the blackberry.

On remove holster: activate bblight when the blackberry is removed from the holster.

On external power: activate bblight when the blackberry is being charged.

On time of the day: activate bblight on a certain time of the day

Duration (mins): how many minutes does the background light of the blackberry needs to be turned on before the background light turns off again.
    Link: BBLight
    08-17-08 04:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD