Recently I've had a series of audible email notifications with no email. The only time that's ever happened is when my SMRTGuard account has been logged into by pc. I sent emails to SMRTGuard over the last few weeks and never got a response. I also logged into my account to change my password the first weekend this started, which was the only actual time I logged to SMRTGuard by pc in over a month.

I'm still getting audible email notifications with no email.

Is someone else logging into my account, is SMRTGuard suffering from security issues that I should be made aware of?

I'm the only person who uses my pc and my cell & I've never given anyone any personal info that could be used to compromise my SMRTGuard account.
    04-01-11 05:24 PM
    Aside from the SmrtGuard concern, do you have a Yahoo email address sent to your BlackBerry?

I sometime get "phantom" emails on one of my Yahoo addresses on the BlackBerry. They usually proceed an email coming to the device.

As to your main concern above, I've never had any phantom/unauthorized accesses to my SmrtGuard account. And I have all of the alerts pushed to two different addresses which get retained in my Outlook and not auto-deleted.
    04-01-11 05:38 PM
    I have two emails linked to my device the native blackberry.net and another pushed though from my service provider. These "phantom" emails show up randomly. SmrtGuard has answered 1 of 4 emails sent out in the last 2 weeks, where their only reply was "Yes, logging into your SmrtGuard account on a pc sends a command = an email to your device which is auto-deleted"

As I've already stated, I logged once in the last month and that was just to change the password. I've told to many friends about SmrtGuard and even helped others load it into their devices to not know what's going on.
    04-02-11 08:26 AM
    But my question was, separate from the SmrtGuard issue altogether, to what email address are these phantom emails arriving?
    04-02-11 09:17 AM
    No email, just audible alert.
    04-02-11 09:35 AM
    Just happened again

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-11 05:24 PM
    I don't understand why you are automatically assuming that it is a SmrtGuard issue when there doesn't seem to be any evidence of that.
    04-02-11 05:28 PM
    This is my 3rd year with a Blackberry & I never had this happen until this last month. SmrtGuard was loaded into my device at the start of the year, their haven't been any other changes made.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-11 05:43 PM
    Well, that's not anything close to being evidence that that's what is causing it.

Like I said, I have NEVER gotten any spurious log in to my SmrtGuard account. And my Outlook KEEPS all the notifications. They aren't deleted. And didn't you say in another thread that you changed your SmrtGuard password?

Here are my thoughts:

1. Could the notification be some other alert?
    2. Could it be an issue with the email service? Although you keep saying that you only get a notification not an email, so I'm not sure what is making you think that it's an email.
    3. Change the email alert sound on the email address that you have associated with SmrtGuard to see if that isolates it to actually being associated with that email address.
    4. Uninstall SmrtGuard for a month and see if it still occurs.
    04-02-11 06:14 PM
    I have WeatherBug and it gives alerts for various weather conditions, t-storm, wind, etc. The first time that went off it took me awhile to figure out what it was. Could be another app giving an alert of some type. What else do you have installed on your berry? Just a thought!
    04-02-11 08:44 PM
    Thanks for the replies/help but I've finally figured out what was causing my issue. The reasons I just didn't moved on to another app like BB Protect and why I was so concerned with SMRTGuard was
    1) I've recommended this to several friends
    2) The spam filter

Well today I managed to come to the realization that all the "phantom" emails I was receiving was due to the SMRTGuard spam filter doing exactly what it was asked to do. Remove unwanted email. So I guess in a way it was the SMRTGuard app. It just doesn't seem to have the security issue I had imagined. Just wish they would have replied to my emails when I had questioned them about it.
    04-03-11 12:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD