From the front page today, Did anyone else install this?

I installed SmrtGuard and I must say it is pretty cool. It offers you some security if you lose or worse yet your phone gets stolen.

It will locate where your phone is via gps.
    has remote scheduled backup/restore of your data
    Audio Ping which plays a tone if you misplace your phone and can't find it. Even if it is on vibrate!
    tracker so you can track a where your phone is going
    SimGuard sends you an email if a different sim was inserted
    Remote Wipe to destroy your data

I currently have GetitBack which has some of these functions but this app works way better and faster.

Check it out:
    https://www.smrtguard.com/smrtguard.jsp

front page article:SmrtGuard Beta Goes Public! | CrackBerry.com
    03-22-09 11:19 PM
    now if they came up with an app to locate your bluetooth if you lose it! Cool app though, i havent installed it but i know i will recommend this app to some bberry owners i know! they can really go for this!
    03-22-09 11:20 PM
    All those features are nice to have. Am I mistaken, or does Sprint offer some sort of tracking option not as nice as SmrtGuard, but something kinda like that if you lose or have your phone stolen?
    03-22-09 11:24 PM
    i saw that...

kinda a stupid question but...

what if someone does take you BABY, put a different sim in, would it work then.

or if they power it down , turn off the app, delete the app???
    03-22-09 11:26 PM
    I'm not aware of anything from Sprint Arairider.
    03-22-09 11:27 PM
    I think once you call Sprint or whoever your carrier is, it renders the BB useless
    03-22-09 11:28 PM
    i saw that...

kinda a stupid question but...

what if someone does take you BABY, put a different sim in, would it work then.

or if they power it down , turn off the app, delete the app???
    If they uninstall the app your screwed, you have limited time to try and locate it or wipe it.

If they put in their Sim it is supposed to email you the new sim number and the IMEI number so you can track it. But looking at the manual it says for GSM networks.

What is SIMCard Guardian?
    When your BlackBerry is stolen, if it is on the GSM network, very likely the thief will insert his or her SIM Card to start using the device.
    SIMCard Guardian monitors the SIM Card that your BlackBerry is using, if it is unregistered, it will send out an email detailing the IMEI and IMSI as well as the BlackBerry PIN.
    This is a sample email:
    This is a SmrtGuard SIMCard Guardian Monitor ALERT. Your BlackBerry with PIN XYZABC12 has its SIM CARD replaced with an unauthorized SIM CARD.
    Information on the unauthorized SIM CARD:
    IMEI: 351845.00.068800.1
    IMSI: 310410.00.339100.2
    BB PIN: XYZABC12
    Locale:
    GSM NETWORK. CELLID: 0 LAC: 0 MCC: 0 MNC: 0
    This BlackBerry is currently being auto tracked by SmrtGuard!
    You can login to SmrtGuard.com and see where this BlackBerry is currently at.
    03-22-09 11:33 PM
    I think once you call Sprint or whoever your carrier is, it renders the BB useless
    Well your sim is deactivated but can they register it with a new service? also your data if it's anything personal will still be available to them.
    03-22-09 11:34 PM
    Right...Now i'm getting nervous lol...Think i'm going to go the safe route and download this app
    03-22-09 11:44 PM
    LOL....better safe than sorry
    03-22-09 11:51 PM
    ok, so i downloaded it to see how it works and all...

when i go create a backup, it seems to freeze at call log. at the bottom it says working but thats it.started backing up at 137... time now 144. anyone else try?
    03-23-09 12:44 AM
    i havent tried it yet just cause i dont think i need it. had something like this for my psp and still havent used it. actually havent used my psp either since i started on crack!
    03-23-09 01:20 AM
    i cant even locate my BB in my room! i can send an audio ping to find it under the bed, or in your case sleeping on it

~~~EDIT~~~

ok i when i woke up this morning everythig is working fine. i guess it takes a while to find the phone, im guessing here
    Last edited by Casper34; 03-23-09 at 09:22 AM.
    03-23-09 01:24 AM
    Thanks Alex! i know this will come in handy!
    03-23-09 01:45 AM
    no problem
    03-23-09 07:06 AM
    Way Cool .. I will install this a later today and report back how it works on my 8350i ..

Thanks for the info.. ! Looks like a Great App to have !
    03-23-09 07:10 AM
    you have to uncheck the call log, its a know issue with the beta.

The Problem

My Call logs do not get backed up? It is always stuck!!
    What you should do?

This is a known issue in v1.01, we shall be putting out a new version very soon to fix this problem.

For now uncheck call log for backup and do a reset of the BlackBerry.

SmrtGuard :: Your BlackBerry Guardian
    03-23-09 09:24 AM
    Sounds like a nice app but I know cops here don't care much when a phone gets stolen. Unless the bad guy waks into the station and spontaneously confesses that s/he stole your phone and decides to turn themselves in, it won't help the cops much. They know about handset insurance and all that so they don't care.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-09 09:39 AM
    Sounds like a nice app but I know cops here don't care much when a phone gets stolen. Unless the bad guy waks into the station and spontaneously confesses that s/he stole your phone and decides to turn themselves in, it won't help the cops much. They know about handset insurance and all that so they don't care.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It's not that cops don't care. We don't have the resources to try to find every lost cell phone.
    03-23-09 09:51 AM
    I have everything downloaded and have the native email but smrt guard keeps sending me some sort of homing email with attachment and it keeps saying device cannot open ???Anyone
    Bammer05, try to do a reboot of you BB by doing a battery pull. This should pickup the native email that you added.

Here is the troubleshooting guide, your problem is listed as TYPE 5
    SmrtGuard :: Your BlackBerry Guardian

Thanks.
    03-23-09 11:00 AM
    This looks like really good find Alex. Only one problem. When I go to activate it says my pin is invalid and that it needs to be 8 digits. I have checked my pin under Options>Status several times and it is only 7 digits. What now???
    Thanks,
    Yamus
    03-23-09 11:01 AM
    what if you
    hold down alt+ left shift and the the letter "h"

what do you get?

also if you remove your battery you should have a sticker that will have your pin on it
    03-23-09 11:03 AM
    what if you
    hold down alt+ left shift and the the letter "h"

what do you get?

also if you remove your battery you should have a sticker that will have your pin on it
    Thanks for this Casper . There is an additional 0 at the end that didn't show up after I went under options. Gonna try it again.
    03-23-09 11:06 AM
    Ok all installed .. I read your post Casper where it took awhile to start to track your cell's location.

I CAN Ping my Cell = No Problem

Locate / Track Cell = Not Working as of Yet.. I just installed the app 30 min ago. (Only get the Map with a Cali Location on it and im in Miami Beach and no markers and a prompt box telling me "action has been performed successfully" but dont see anything on the map..

I ll sit back and wait and try later or tomorrow and see if it kicks in..
    03-23-09 11:21 AM
    ya i dont know how long it takes... i can tell you that i installed it at around 130 in the morning and that i was awake at 10am and it was working.

dont forget to UNCHECK CALL LOG IN BACKUP!!!!
    03-23-09 11:29 AM
105 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD