My gmail works within seconds for all commands, im good thanks.

Uh. Sorry, but some will instruct users to do
    things improperly because they may have a problem following directions. I happen to own the premium version of this app on 3 family BB's, and the printed instructions indicate to use the BB email addy. There are reasons for the instructions. Although you CAN/MAY possibly get it to work sometimes with a secondary email addy, you will NOT have the "Real time" results when entering commands remotely. Although the BB is the fastest when forwarding emails, the BB email addy is instant.

Please follow the SmrtGuard instructions rather than ad-hoc instructions from other users.
    02-06-10 12:25 PM
    My gmail works within seconds for all commands, im good thanks.
    Yeah, for you, I'm sure... I just don't think it's prudent to tell others NOT to follow the proper directions, that should be your decision only. They are there for a reason. No offense.
    02-06-10 12:32 PM
    Yeah, for you, I'm sure... I just don't think it's prudent to tell others NOT to follow the proper directions, that should be your decision only. They are there for a reason. No offense.

Never told anyone they had to, simply stating you dont HAVE to have a BB email.
    02-06-10 12:33 PM
    Never told anyone they had to, simply stating you dont HAVE to have a BB email.
    I understand. I also am not too sure that you are having INSTANT commands relayed either, since gmail is proven to poll intermittenly, rather than push... But, oh well, to each his own.

Enjoy your app.
    02-06-10 12:36 PM
    Enjoy your app.

Thanks I will.
    02-06-10 12:38 PM
    So, I went to the listed address and entered my PIN and ESN to acquire a blackberry addy. It told me I needed to access the site through my phone browser. I triued that and it said it could open requested page....

What gives...

How do I obtain a BB email addy??

Thanks!
    02-06-10 01:02 PM
    from your BIS page, from your pc.
    02-06-10 02:04 PM
    Thanks I will.
    but the emails on your bb are not hidden, right ?
    02-06-10 02:11 PM
    Thats where I went. I entered my pin and MEID #. Thats when it told me I needed to access it through my phones browser...?

Im still stumped....
    02-06-10 02:13 PM
    Thats where I went. I entered my pin and MEID #. Thats when it told me I needed to access it through my phones browser...?

Im still stumped....
    try this on BB: goto setup, emails, BB button create.
    02-06-10 02:41 PM
    I also noticed that you cna only get the loud continous alert (from the remote ping) if you email notification is silent.

On their site they say that it only works on "normal" sound profile but this does not seem to be the case because I tried loud, norm and med and they all only work with email at silent.
    02-06-10 02:43 PM
    Thanks....
    02-06-10 02:50 PM
    1) it works, just keep pressing :P (i have it enabled and just tested it)
    What do you have assigned to your left convenience key?

I have SearchIT and when I press & hold it for 15 seconds nothing happens. I can only get it to work when I have it set to NOTHING.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-10 06:19 PM
    What do you have assigned to your left convenience key?

I have SearchIT and when I press & hold it for 15 seconds nothing happens. I can only get it to work when I have it set to NOTHING.

Same here with quicklaunch set to the left button. Absolutely awesome they made this free though.

02-07-10 10:56 AM
    Ugh, I'm getting a headache reading through all this to get it working properly. I set it up through Gmail, and it worked...okay. I hate the junk emails though. If I were to use this for a practical reason, such as to see how close my wife is on her drive home, or locating a lost phone, it would be pretty annoying to have a constant stream of junk emails in my Gmail box, which is also set up to kick out an LED indicator and audible alert every time I get an email.

Also, if the email is delayed, then it really wouldn't be tracking properly at all. Why they said remote location, I figured you would see something like you get on your own phone in Google Maps with the GPS turned on. There's a dot with an arrow indicating direction, and it's constantly updating. Why can't I get a different colored dot for the phone I'm tracking that shows the same thing?

I realize this is free and all, but I'm wondering if this is going to be practical to use for anything outside of an emergency or losing my phone. And if that's all it's good for, frankly, I'm not sure it's worth the memory, battery drain, and technical hoops.
    02-07-10 03:00 PM
    if you use a blackberry email, you dont get any junk mail.
    02-07-10 04:04 PM
    if you use a blackberry email, you dont get any junk mail.
    +1. Enough said.
    02-07-10 04:18 PM
    Problem #1: In order for the ICE (In Case of Emergency) feature to work you have to disable the left convenience key

Problem #2: In order to use Where Have I Been you need BlackBerry Maps and it isn't available for OS5.0

Funny.....mine opens up with google maps w/o a problem. Don't see why yours is not doing the same too.
    02-07-10 04:38 PM
    Another issue I'm having is my wife and I tried out that tracking of a loved one to see what it was about and it says their undergoing updates will be back online 3:00am EST BUT 1/15/10 ?

Any info on this?
    02-07-10 04:38 PM
    Problem #2: In order to use Where Have I Been you need BlackBerry Maps and it isn't available for OS5.0
    My 9700 with the same OS as you (.442) has BlackBerry Maps 5.0.
    Are you sure it's not in your Applications list? In 5.0, it's in the Add-On section of the Applications list.
    Did you do a straight install of .442, or shrink it before install?
    02-07-10 04:44 PM
    My 9700 with the same OS as you (.442) has BlackBerry Maps 5.0.
    Are you sure it's not in your Applications list? In 5.0, it's in the Add-On section of the Applications list.
    Did you do a straight install of .442, or shrink it before install?
    I removed BB Maps and can't seem to find one to install
    02-07-10 05:40 PM
    i reinstalled bbmaps, by using the loader.exe, having .442 installed.
    02-07-10 09:18 PM
    Can someone confirm that this app "hi-jacks" the GPS so it prevents you from using the GPS functionality of BB Maps, Googlemaps and any SatNav application on your BB? It does on my Bold 9700. Wish there was a way of turning it off temporarily.
    02-11-10 04:11 PM
    i think i still have access to my GPS.

maybe not if this app is following me, but since my carrier disabled the data part of my account.... i havent done anything cool with my BB for a week
    02-11-10 05:02 PM
    Has anyone else gotten an email form SmrtGuard saying that your trial will now expire and will therefore lose the ability to backup and restore? I thought this was part of the FREE version? So exactly why should I bother keeping this app on my phone if I can't backup and restore?
    03-07-10 11:42 AM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD