Dear SmrtGuard user,

Here is a release candidate update (in English, other language will release when it becomes a production release). Please let us know your feedback so we can put this into production release with your help. Email us if you found a bug or have comments/suggestes: [email protected] - Thank you in advance.

Point your BlackBerry here: www.smrtguard.com/m/bb_rc.jsp

Here is what's new:

Anti-SPAM – Call Blocker - SmrtGuard, you can now block unwanted calls (event private and unknown callers). SmrtGuard will also backup the list of blocked phone numbers so when you switch device, you don’t have to re-enter again.

Anti-SPAM – Email SPAM Filter - Similar to call blocker but for e-mail. With integrated menu into the native Email App, "Mark as SPAM" has never been easier on your BB.

Anti-Virus – Afraid of someone installing spyware and malware on your smartphone? We got you covered. Setup scheduled scan and you will known when SmrtGuard finds a potential malware on your Smartphone.

• New SPAM tab in the Dashboard that allow you to export your SPAM Blacklist.

• Other improvements and fixes

Email us if you found a bug or have comments/suggestes: [email protected]

The SmrtGuard Team
    Last edited by [email protected]; 04-22-10 at 10:23 AM.
    04-21-10 04:24 PM
    wow...great....trying it out now
    04-21-10 04:39 PM
    Let us know if you have comments/suggestions
    04-21-10 04:43 PM
    any idea when pictures could be backed up?
    04-21-10 04:44 PM
    Let us know if you have comments/suggestions
    sure i will.....thru the support email or here?
    04-21-10 04:45 PM
    Comment/suggestions here is good

For Photo backup, it is actually working in our private beta version. Just waiting to be rolled out in the future version. Some users have 100+ MB of photos, first initial backup (even with Wifi) failure rate is on the high side... But we are working on it
    04-21-10 04:49 PM
    Comment/suggestions here is good

For Photo backup, it is actually working in our private beta version. Just waiting to be rolled out in the future version. Some users have 100+ MB of photos, first initial backup (even with Wifi) failure rate is on the high side... But we are working on it
    ok glad to hear its been worked on.....thread subscribed.....have been waiting so patiently for the photo backup feature since the 1.7xx version....lol...been that long....anyway i could try the private beta?
    04-21-10 04:54 PM
    i cant get it installed!!!
    04-21-10 05:04 PM
    Thanks for patiently waiting!

I will let the DEV team know. We have a list of private beta release users, and I will have you added to that list. PM your email or username that you use to log into SG.

Thanks again.
    04-21-10 05:05 PM
    Thanks for patiently waiting!

I will let the DEV team know. We have a list of private beta release users, and I will have you added to that list. PM your email or username that you use to log into SG.

Thanks again.
    Thanks.....PM sent.....by the way ,when i enable and stop a number from my call log,should i be able to see my block numbers somewhere?....it doesnt show up in the application.......
    04-21-10 05:18 PM
    i cant get it installed!!!
    Haymond, did you point your BB to this address:

Point your BlackBerry here: www.smrtguard.com/m/bb_rc.jsp

What was the result?
    Last edited by [email protected]; 04-22-10 at 10:23 AM.
    04-22-10 10:19 AM
    Thanks.....PM sent.....by the way ,when i enable and stop a number from my call log,should i be able to see my block numbers somewhere?....it doesnt show up in the application.......
    kkwus74, yes, you should see a counter on the SmrtGuard Anti-Spam screen.

Notice the "Blocked X", where X is the number of times it blocked.
    04-22-10 10:20 AM
    Ok...what I meant was what numbers are being blocked?I setup a few numbers from my call log to be blocked but I don't see them on the screen above....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-10 10:26 AM

As you can see from the picture above,the number that is being blocked was manually keyed in to be blocked.However when im in my call logs and i go to a number in my call logs and click 'stop this number' the number doesnt show up like the one above.
    04-22-10 10:43 AM

As you can see from the picture above,the number that is being blocked was manually keyed in to be blocked.However when im in my call logs and i go to a number in my call logs and click 'stop this number' the number doesnt show up like the one above.
    When you did 'Stop this number', did the app give you confirmation popup?

If not, something might be wrong...also, can you try it again, and see if anything shows up on your logs?
    Last edited by [email protected]; 04-22-10 at 10:48 AM.
    04-22-10 10:46 AM
    No i did not see any pop-up at all,i tried 4 times and not one time i saw a pop-up.
    04-22-10 10:49 AM
    All my permissions are set to allow too.
    04-22-10 11:02 AM
    All my permissions are set to allow too.
    Can you do press "Alt + lglg" to get the logs? There might be an exception.
    04-22-10 11:08 AM
    Ok...what do I look for?

04-22-10 11:13 AM
    There is one line that says - a SmartGuard - NO NEW APPLICATION INSTALLED....

04-22-10 11:14 AM
    backup just said unauthorized for all items.
    04-22-10 11:56 AM
    There is one line that says - a SmartGuard - NO NEW APPLICATION INSTALLED....

That's Odd... do you have the number you are trying to add? Or screenshot of the phonelog? Feel free to PM to us.

Thanks again for your help.
    04-22-10 01:31 PM
    backup just said unauthorized for all items.
    For Unauthorized Errors when backing up your data you would need to Reactivate your SmrtGuard Applicaiton on your Blackberry, Here's how to:

1. launch your smrtguad applcation
    2. press your blackberry's menu key
    3. select About SmrtGuard
    4. on your About SmrtGuard screen again menu key
    5. select REACTIVATE

SmrtGuard Team
    04-22-10 01:31 PM
    That's Odd... do you have the number you are trying to add? Or screenshot of the phonelog? Feel free to PM to us.

Thanks again for your help.
    No problem.....PM sent with screenshots.......
    04-22-10 01:56 PM
    No problem.....PM sent with screenshots.......
    Thanks for the screenshot. Does it happen with EVERY number? Or just that particular number?
    04-22-10 02:39 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD