Hey all,

I just noticed on the front page of the crackberry website that smrtguard is now free, so i signed up and logged in and WOW, it is great!! all the features are awesome! there is only one thing im abit iffy about.. how secure is it? I mean it does backup all your info (events, tasks, sms, email etc.).. I know its like any other account, you have your username and password so its secure but i dont like the idea of having all that information online..

has anyone had any issues with faults in regards to the security and privacy of this program?

thank you for your help!
    02-07-10 05:20 PM
    Hey all,

I just noticed on the front page of the crackberry website that smrtguard is now free, so i signed up and logged in and WOW, it is great!! all the features are awesome! there is only one thing im abit iffy about.. how secure is it? I mean it does backup all your info (events, tasks, sms, email etc.).. I know its like any other account, you have your username and password so its secure but i dont like the idea of having all that information online..

has anyone had any issues with faults in regards to the security and privacy of this program?

thank you for your help!
    I've been using smrtguard ever since it'ss came out, and I haven't had any issues with it, and as far as I know my information hasn't been compromised.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Last edited by proactix; 02-08-10 at 12:46 AM.
    02-07-10 08:57 PM
    How do i completly remove smrtguard??... i have deleted from my bold but how do i completely remove my account from the website?? I want to clear it all..

thank you for any help..
    02-07-10 11:51 PM
    How do i completly remove smrtguard??... i have deleted from my bold but how do i completely remove my account from the website?? I want to clear it all..

thank you for any help..
    jayt, I made a mistake in my post, I meant to say that my information hasn't (grammar error) been compromised, and I am sorry if I led you to believe this.
    02-08-10 01:09 AM
    jayt, I made a mistake in my post, I meant to say that my information hasn't (grammar error) been compromised, and I am sorry if I led you to believe this.
    That's okay Pro, I understood what you meant..thank you very much for your help!! But for future reference, is there a way to completely remove your account??

02-08-10 01:16 AM
    [QUOTE=jayt04;4636979]That's okay Pro, I understood what you meant..thank you very much for your help!! But for future reference, is there a way to completely remove your account??

Jayt, I didn't see any options in my account to completely cancel it, so you would need to contact their support department and talk to them.

Timothy
    02-08-10 10:26 PM
    i was a little skeptical about backing up my info OTA to some 3rd party as well.
    02-08-10 10:37 PM
    i was a little skeptical about backing up my info OTA to some 3rd party as well.
    I just back up my contacts on here, the other stuff is on my pc
    02-08-10 10:54 PM
    This is sort of in line with removing SmrtGuard. I know one point of having this app is in the event of your BB being stolen, you can have the ability to remote wipe. What if the thief deletes SmrtGuard?
    03-10-10 01:58 PM
    ... i have deleted from my bold but how do i completely remove my account from the website?? I want to clear it all..

thank you for any help..
    How did you remove it from your Bold? I have the 9650 and I can't find it in any application list, either on the device or in BB Mgr, to remove the application.
    08-13-10 10:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD