Just purhchsed SmrtAlerts by taking advantage of 50% off. When I had Pearl, this was one of the most useful apps.

My issue is that, not only messages received, my own messages pop up right after they are sent. I can't find any setting option for this anywhere. Does anyone experience the same? Mine is OS4.7 version
    01-02-10 10:08 PM
    go into your email setting and change it so your sent items are not shown, it sounds like you have it set to show your sent email, which i agree is anoying
    01-02-10 10:11 PM
    read this may help and may be an issue w 4.7/5.0 os

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=393814
    01-02-10 10:22 PM
    Thanks guys...
    John@this only happens for SMS. Well, I disabled it for emails so I haven't seen this issue for that yet. I went to SMS setting (under emails, too, I think), there is no place to change the setting for this purpose...
    Duck@ thank you. Yes, I tagged the thread mentioned also. I dropped a note to customer service - if I receive a response, I will post it in both threads.
    01-03-10 07:03 AM
    Having same issue. Annoying.
    01-04-10 01:40 PM
    Having same issue. Annoying.
    @mike - I sent a message to the customer service so I will post a solution as soon as I receive a response from them. I tried a few things in setting for SMS or even email but still have the same issue. I only use this for SMS. Do you have an issue with emails also?
    01-04-10 01:47 PM
    i have the same issue....it really stinks and i deleted it.
    01-04-10 03:39 PM
    i have the same issue....it really stinks and i deleted it.
    Keep the activation code with you just in case. I hope we could fix this issue really soon. I know... so annoying..
    01-04-10 05:21 PM
    Just received a reply from the customer service but since I forgot to mention my issue was for SMS, it was about gmail. In case any of you use gmail and having this issue, this might be a little help, I hope.

Good day sir,
    Are you using gmail account? If so, this is because
    Gmail on BB "resend" the outbound email. you may try using the SmrtFilter to
    block out emails that you yourself sent.

Here's an example; if your email address is
    [email protected], add [email protected] in the BlackList in the SmrtFilter to
    block your own email address and avoid receiving duplicates.
    01-04-10 06:42 PM
    This is really annoying..... I keep getting the same canned response from company... Is this a usual problem with this companies software? This is my FIRST purchase from them...shall it be my last?!?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com on Sprint
    01-10-10 09:26 PM
    Just purhchsed SmrtAlerts by taking advantage of 50% off. When I had Pearl, this was one of the most useful apps.

My issue is that, not only messages received, my own messages pop up right after they are sent. I can't find any setting option for this anywhere. Does anyone experience the same? Mine is OS4.7 version
    Question, where did you get this for 50% off? I see it currently in the store for 9.99. Did you use a promo code?
    01-10-10 10:06 PM
    The app was 50% off on mobihand store, no code needed. Check there it might STILL be on sale...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-10 02:19 PM
    Question, where did you get this for 50% off? I see it currently in the store for 9.99. Did you use a promo code?
    Surfing 808 is correct. Was a special without the promo code.

I will haven's received a reply why my own SMS messages pop up, though...
    01-11-10 04:19 PM
    Looks like its back to the 9.99 price
    01-11-10 08:28 PM
    A Good Day To All from the SmrtGuard Team,

Thank you so much for posting your concerns regarding Smrtapps' SmrtAlert, a fix regarding SMS/Email bounce back messages is on its way, also SmrtAlerts 50% off has been pass due We are curently offering 50% off on the following SmrtApps:

SmrtPhotos and SmrtTweak
    What's SmrtPhotos? It is a great Photo/Gallery viewer with awesome slide show (3 different slide effects)Buy SmrtPhotos today at 50% OFF: SmrtPhotos: https://www.mobihand.com/cart1.asp?posid=307&pid=43211

What's SmrtTweaks? SmrtTweaks is a Power User's Paradise for it gives you the ability to configure your blackbery the way you like it.Buy SmrtTweak at 50% OFF: https://www.mobihand.com/cart1.asp?posid=307&pid=43217

Get one or both! Either way, it is a great deal at 50% OFF. Limited time ONLY!

Also download and try 12 other utilities and games @ -> SmrtApps! at

SmrtGuard :: Your Smartphone Guardian�

Once Again thank you from the

SmrtGuard Team
    01-12-10 02:48 PM
    Thanks guys...
    John@this only happens for SMS. Well, I disabled it for emails so I haven't seen this issue for that yet. I went to SMS setting (under emails, too, I think), there is no place to change the setting for this purpose...
    Duck@ thank you. Yes, I tagged the thread mentioned also. I dropped a note to customer service - if I receive a response, I will post it in both threads.
    BrianFTC, for this problem we have address it with an update to fix the SMS issue where you get a popup when sending a SMS. This is no longer an issue. You now get popup when receiving not sending.

Please get the latest v2.02: SmrtAlerts

SmrtGuard Team
    01-12-10 07:18 PM
    This is really annoying..... I keep getting the same canned response from company... Is this a usual problem with this companies software? This is my FIRST purchase from them...shall it be my last?!?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com on Sprint
    surfing808,

You can always give us a call: +1 732 579 3649 (M-F 11:00 AM to 7:00PM EST)
    01-12-10 07:20 PM
    I thought I would post this email I that I received today from the company in all fairness to them, it seems that they tackled this problem and its been fixed.... Thanks and good job guys! You just KEPT a customer

"SmrtAlerts - AWARD WINNING Email and SMS Alert Non-Touch Screen (OS 4.5, 4.6, 4.7, 5.0), which you previously purchased for your mobile device, has been updated to version 2.02.

If you wish to upgrade, you can do so by downloading the latest version from your account management page at My Account.

Note: Most of the same version updates upgrade (i.e. from version 2.1 to version 2. 2) are free and most of the major upgrades (i.e. from version 2 to version 3) might require an upgrade fee.

Developer Message:

Dear SmrtAlerts (PeeKaWho) Users,

We have made a quick update to fix a SMS issue where you get a popup when sending a SMS. This is no longer an issue.

Please get the latest v2.02. As always, our software has LIFE TIME FREE UPGRADES.

SmrtGuard Team"

Crackberry 8330 with 4.5 os (.175) on SPRINT , the NO KA OI (BEST!) provider in HAWAII!!!!
    01-12-10 08:46 PM
    got the email tonight for the new version to 2.02 to replace my peekawho 1.26 and this new version so far does not have the problem BUG so far and im now using smrtalerts 2.02 and all is good
    thx smrtguard
    01-12-10 09:56 PM
    BrianFTC, for this problem we have address it with an update to fix the SMS issue where you get a popup when sending a SMS. This is no longer an issue. You now get popup when receiving not sending.

Please get the latest v2.02: SmrtAlerts

SmrtGuard Team
    Thank you so much. Yes, received the update notice and it is no longer an issue. Working perfectly. Thank you for posting all kind replies in this thread. MUCH appreciated!
    01-13-10 07:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD