Hello all.

How many of you use Smrt guard and are there any issue's or conflicts with it on the 9700?
    05-14-10 05:21 AM
    I've used SmrtGuard since it's early BETA versions... it's evolved and added new features over the last year or so (can't remember exactly when I started using it)... there are NO conflicts... I did have one issue with a minor change version a few weeks ago that my battery life went down very fast and their tech people gave me a fix and told me they were releasing a newer version later that day, and they did. Otherwise it has run flawlessly, and even though it runs in the background all the time, it has not been an issue with battery life and even though I have not had to use all of it's features I like having them around... remote wipe, daily backs (less if needed), remote listening, audio ping - even when on vibrate or silent, locate my phone is the biggest if it's ever lost.

Their tech support has been fantastic... I've sent messages a couple times and always hear back from them in 24 hours.
    05-14-10 05:50 AM
    i use the free version and have had no issues with it. i still havent updated to the one with the antispam though and really dont see why when this one does the job.
    05-14-10 06:37 AM
    "Remotely listen in on the smartphone surroundings"

errr........whats that one about?
    05-14-10 07:58 AM
    Looks good on the site & video. Does it slow your device down at all?
    05-14-10 08:08 AM
    This is one great app. They have the best customer service then any, any company. You can pick up the phone and talk with a tech between 10 am and 5 pm any day during the week. I have the paid version and had to use it for my contacts due to my phone dying on me. This app has many cool features, too many to list. It uses very little battery power to run. They just had a new update that added anti-virus and anti-spam. Buy it, you will be glad you did.
    05-14-10 09:20 AM
    I use WaveSecure (really only because I got a lifetime free license for it - from having used the beta when running my Nexus... luckily a BB version was available and I could transfer over the "license"... as it's linked to phone # and not device)...

In any case, the tracking feature works amazingly well. Also, when I SIM-unlocked my 9700 Wavesecure locked the phone down when my non-home SIM was in the phone... All I had to do was enter my code and proceed... But had it been a "thief" Wavesecure would have done its job...
    05-14-10 09:27 AM
    I have just loaded and had a good play around with SmrtGuard. Looks excellent

However a couple of the functions dont work too well here in the UK. Remote listen, audio ping, wireless backup work great but locate and track doesnt.

I have a great network signal and gps is switched on

any ideas
    05-14-10 09:49 AM
    cancel the above, utterly weird. Ive just gone back on again and its all working great. Brilliant program and even better customer service , an answer was straight back to me. 10/10 for them.
    05-14-10 11:06 AM
    I'm glad i didn't buy it.

I contacted tech support numerous times about the location feature, and how i'm able to travel from California to Spain to my actual location in 5 minutes. Its been months, and I still have yet to hear anything back. Useless app IMO
    05-14-10 12:07 PM

I contacted tech support numerous times about the location feature, and how i'm able to travel from California to Spain to my actual location in 5 minutes. Its been months, and I still have yet to hear anything back. Useless app IMO

lol. I wish I could travel that fast

In all seriousness the tracking is now working fine. It even picked up and mapped me moving around the garden with the phone
    05-14-10 12:21 PM

They have a phone # on their website for a direct call to their tech support. I had that same problem a while back but that has all been updated and all is working perfectly. This is the only app I know you can talk to someone every day if needed. Tons of great features.
    05-14-10 01:53 PM
    I absolutely love this app. Gives me peace of mind. No battery drain. @Vinnyjr: we have great taste in apps and cases (Case-Mate Signature series) for our 9700's!!
    05-14-10 02:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD