I'm using BerryBuzz 2.0.64, BerryPopUp 1.0.14 and SmartAlerts 1.0.4 on a BB Curve 8330 OS v4.5.0.160 on the Sprint network. I've tried setting up a custom profile for SMS messages that will change the LED to a specified color when a I receive a SMS message from a specific number. I've also set a specific ringer in this profile. In the profile I've set every possible option to use the ringtone I want for this profile. I've set up SmartAlerts per the instructions, specifying the custom profile. When I receive a incoming SMS message from the specific number, I get the proper LED color specified in SmartAlerts but the custom profile I selected seems to be ignored as the ringtone is always the ringtone specified in the active profile. If I change the active profile to the new SMS-specific profile the I get the ringtone I want. But I don't want to use the new profile as the default profile. I just want it to be used by SmartAlerts when I receive a SMS text from specific people. Am I doing something wrong or is this the expected action. I'm under the impression that if I specify a specific profile in SmartAlerts then it should use that profile when the preset conditions are met. Please advise.
    Last edited by japerry; 07-15-09 at 08:34 AM.
    07-15-09 08:12 AM
    Go to options-smartalerts and create a new sms alert. Edit the alert the way to want it then at the bottom define a new blackberry profile item and name it to what ever you wish. Then when you go to your profiles you will have the newly created item there to setup as you please. Hope this helps.

forkup
    07-15-09 10:57 AM
    Go to options-smartalerts and create a new sms alert. Edit the alert the way to want it then at the bottom define a new blackberry profile item and name it to what ever you wish. Then when you go to your profiles you will have the newly created item there to setup as you please. Hope this helps.

forkup
    I just tried it the way you described. I.E. I tried letting SmartAlerts create the profile rather than creating it manually. Unfortunately the newly named profile does not show up in the list of available profiles. Any other ideas?
    07-15-09 11:10 AM
    Ahh!! I see what's happening now! A new definable area called SmartAlerts-xxx is created under all the other profiles and you go in and edit that area for the currently active profile. It works! Thanks!
    07-15-09 11:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD