Hi all,

Today we start a new application - Smart Alarm,

To feel good in the morning it�s recommended to awake in an active sleep phase. Simple alarm clocks wake you up exactly at the time you set them before going to bed. If alarm wakes you up in deep sleep phase, you feel wrecked all day long. Familiar feeling, isn�t it?
    Smart alarm application defines your sleep cycles and awakes you in the 30 minutes period before the time alarm was set on.
    We have launched FREE Beta version of Smart Alarm application to receive your feedback and find out fitness of BlackBerry accelerometers to control your sleep phases. Please note that the application is meant for BlackBerry Storm and Storm 2 smartphones only.
    How to use Smart Alarm:
    1. Set alarm time by pressing alarm button and setting alarm time with up-down buttons. After alarm is set place the BlackBerry in your bed near your pillow.
    2. When you turn during your sleep Smart Alarm registers your activity (turns and moves) and defines your current sleep phase. That�s why it�s highly recommended to place BlackBerry on the same surface you lie on to provide correct work of the application.
    3. Please note that Smart Alarm needs 3-4 nights to define you sleep cycles. After application has defined your sleep cycles it will wake you up in the active sleep phase in 30 minutes period before the time you set the alarm.
    4. Application uses minimum battery so it�s not necessary to have your BlackBerry on charge all night long.
    5. If application was unable to define your sleep cycles it will wake you up exactly at the time you set before going to bed.
    6. If on 5-6th day of usage application wakes you up exactly at the time you set alarm, you should find more suitable place for your BlackBerry (where application will be able to register your activity during your sleep).
    7. We are looking forward to your active feedback: [email protected]

OTA download: http://m.berryblow.com/ota/alarm/alarm.jad

Waiting for your feedback!

BerryBlowApps team
    BerryBlow - Ideas for BlackBerry
    creepy09 likes this.
    04-08-10 12:47 PM
    hi, I want to be a tester, I downloaded the alarm and how to setup it ?
    04-08-10 03:07 PM
    After reading this it actually sounds really cool if all goes well. I won't be able to test as I have a 8530 and no movement sensors. :P I hope to hear users feedback!
    04-08-10 03:12 PM
    I would test, but I smashed my S1 because it annoyed me.
    Good Luck!
    04-08-10 03:17 PM
    >> hi, I want to be a tester, I downloaded the alarm and how to setup it ?

That's easy, use left button (alarm button) to set up an alarm, click once to setup hours, click again to setup minutes and click to save these values. Now alarm is set.
    Do not close the application, you can move it to background or lock the Storm.
    04-08-10 03:37 PM
    Just downloaded and giving it a try tonight.
    04-08-10 05:25 PM
    Very cool idea.
    04-09-10 12:56 AM
    I dunno, I think I'd rather sleep the full 30 minutes lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-10 01:34 AM
    no love for the 9700
    04-09-10 01:39 AM
    Cool! I was just searching for sleep phase alarm clocks/watches when I thought how it would be a good idea to use the Storm/Storm 2 since those sleep phase devices use accelerometers to track sleep activity. Count me in!

Are there plans to incorporate more functionality, such as viewing the sleep phases from the previous night(s)? Another cool feature of another un-named phone's sleep phase alarm is a test mode to verify the phone is "feeling" your every move where you have placed it. It sounds a beep for every move it senses.
    Last edited by friedmds; 04-09-10 at 10:56 AM.
    04-09-10 10:40 AM
    So, if I set this up.. leave it on my bed.. then have a crazy night of s3x.. will it track that pattern? If so, Im in.. will report back on Monday.
    04-09-10 10:51 AM
    Cool! I was just searching for sleep phase alarm clocks/watches when I thought how it would be a good idea to use the Storm/Storm 2 since those sleep phase devices use accelerometers to track sleep activity. Count me in!

Are there plans to incorporate more functionality, such as viewing the sleep phases from the previous night(s)? Another cool feature of another un-named phone's sleep phase alarm is a test mode to verify the phone is "feeling" your every move where you have placed it. It sounds a beep for every move it senses.
    Depending on what hardware is needed, these features would be great: Fitbit
    04-09-10 11:09 AM
    So, if I set this up.. leave it on my bed.. then have a crazy night of s3x.. will it track that pattern? If so, Im in.. will report back on Monday.
    During the night you go from light sleep to deep sleep, occasionally entering into a dream state which is called REM-sleep. These are things that your normal alarm clock does not care about, and will go off at the set time regardless of whether you are in a light sleep phase or in the deepest sleep. However, since you move differently in bed during the different phases, the Smart Alarm clock is able to use the accelerometer in your BlackBerry Storm to monitor your movement and determine which sleep phase you are in. Application uses a 30 minute alarm window that ends at your set alarm time and wakes you in your lightest sleep phase.
    04-09-10 03:16 PM
    Hi I use the auto on/off feature on my phone, will this work with that or will I need to deactivate it?
    Thanks.

04-09-10 04:14 PM
    Hi I use the auto on/off feature on my phone, will this work with that or will I need to deactivate it?
    Thanks.

Hi, thanks for the feedback,
    Please do not use it, I need time to check it.
    04-10-10 01:29 PM
    My friend has the iPhone version, this concept doesn't work very well in reality.
    04-10-10 02:38 PM
    My friend has the iPhone version, this concept doesn't work very well in reality.
    It depends on accelerometer sensivity,
    in this stage I'm not sure application works perfect, but this is the first public beta and we're working on application algorithm. To improve it we need application logs with algorithm's data. You can help us to improve the application, just download and test it.
    Thanks
    04-10-10 03:19 PM
    This morning went fine, I woke up at the same time I set it, hope this is OK?, will test it again today))
    04-10-10 04:37 PM
    Anybody with BlackBerry Storm can help us to improve SmartAlarm algorithm, we need a logs and we'll improve SmartAlarm.
    04-11-10 04:11 PM
    Anybody with BlackBerry Storm can help us to improve SmartAlarm algorithm, we need a logs and we'll improve SmartAlarm.
    How can I find logs ?
    04-12-10 11:14 AM
    How can I find logs ?
    To find logs go to Media -> Explorer -> Device memory -> home -> user- > smart_alarm_log.txt, send this file as attachment to [email protected].
    Thanks for your help.
    04-12-10 02:40 PM
    Try a BlackBerry version for FREE and send us your feedback!
    04-12-10 02:42 PM
    Just sent my logs in. The first morning it went off as scheduled, Second it went off earlier and seems to have worked. I'll continue testing and sending logs in.
    04-12-10 09:20 PM
    Just sent my logs in. The first morning it went off as scheduled, Second it went off earlier and seems to have worked. I'll continue testing and sending logs in.
    And what are your feeling after using this alarm ?
    04-13-10 12:58 PM
    And what are your feeling after using this alarm ?
    Sorry to jack this - last night was the first night I used it and it went off about 16 minutes earlier than my alarm was set for. I went back to sleep (even though I wasn't tired - I actually wanted to get up but felt like I was cheating myself out of those minutes of sleep, lol). Tomorrow morning I'll get up when the alarm goes off. Nice app so far; the alarm was not too jarring but loud enough to wake me!

BTW - I sent in my log, I'm on a 9550 Storm 2, VZW.
    04-13-10 02:14 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD