I was able to grab Smart WiFi off of Handango when it was free recently.

I now see an update to version 1.7.

Is there anyway to update this software without having to purchase it?
    09-30-10 10:01 PM
    If it's in you online app list from them, you might have to pay for a upgrade fee from the last version...

Not that big of a deal as you really don't need an app for WiFi
    09-30-10 10:03 PM

Same here - I picked up the limited-time freebie offer also...

When you update to 1.7, presumably it detects that you have a "paid" 1.6 (albeit - $0.00) and let you upgrade, no ?
    10-01-10 07:28 AM
    If it's in you online app list from them, you might have to pay for a upgrade fee from the last version...

Not that big of a deal as you really don't need an app for WiFi
    It's a big deal for me. I love this app. I use wifi at home but not work. When I leave home and go to work, the wifi is shut off automatically and saves some battery.
    10-01-10 09:48 AM
    It's a big deal for me. I love this app. I use wifi at home but not work. When I leave home and go to work, the wifi is shut off automatically and saves some battery.
    I have a stupid question sorry. I have a wireless router at my house....Iv had my blackberry for a while, and never bothered to connect. How can I do this? and how can I get smart wifi? is it easy to use?

Thanks!
    10-01-10 10:27 AM
    Yeah. Handango is the problem, or at least the end user selections with them.
    The "Free App Friday" is a nice way to bring customers to them, but they fall well behind Mobihand for additional downloads. Even though they provide the apps for free with a coupon code, they ask for an additional "DPS" fee (Download Protection Service). If this is not paid at the time of purchase, the app cannot be downloaded again unless you pay for it. They will send another link via SMS or email, but it will be a blank page when accessed from the device.

Personally, I do like the app, so I just purchased the upgrade here on CB. It is currently on sale for half price, and since I do like it, I didn't mind actually paying for it. Today is the last day for the sale on CB. The freebie was fun while it lasted, but you get what you pay for.

I think it is a bit unreasonable to ask for an additional "DPS" fee that sometimes costs more than the app itself. I can't deal with Handango because of this. I don't mind paying for my apps, but I don't like being held hostage for additional downloads of the apps. Things happen. Devices get replaced, or wipes have to be done, or files get corrupted. Although the older version was backed up by me and carried through 2 OS's, I would like to have any upgrades when available without "DPS" fees, or paying again. It's CB or Mobihand direct only for me.
    10-01-10 10:50 AM

If you have Blackberry Desktop Manager or BBSAK loaded on your computer Handango will allow you to download to your desktop. It will then download the new version (updated on 9/28/10). From there you can load on your Blackberry using Blackberry Desktop Manager or BBSAK.
    10-01-10 11:13 AM
    I will have to try this way..

If you have Blackberry Desktop Manager or BBSAK loaded on your computer Handango will allow you to download to your desktop. It will then download the new version (updated on 9/28/10). From there you can load on your Blackberry using Blackberry Desktop Manager or BBSAK.
    10-01-10 11:44 AM
    I will have to try this way..
    Just a quick update... DO NOT DOWNLOAD IF YOU INTEND TO USE YOUR CAMERA!!!!

The entire reason for S4BB upgrading this software was to fix a HUGE bug that errors out the Camera. Your camera will work for a while (I have found average about 1 day) after re-setting your phone. After that, when you try and use your camera you will receive an error that automatically re-boots your phone. I have tried un-installing/re-installing many times and you can find MANY others who have posted these issues throughout Crackberry and other boards. Once you remove Smart WiFi you will no longer have the issues with the camera.

So, download and use Smart WiFi at your own risk
    10-03-10 09:24 AM
    Just a quick update... DO NOT DOWNLOAD IF YOU INTEND TO USE YOUR CAMERA!!!!

The entire reason for S4BB upgrading this software was to fix a HUGE bug that errors out the Camera. Your camera will work for a while (I have found average about 1 day) after re-setting your phone. After that, when you try and use your camera you will receive an error that automatically re-boots your phone. I have tried un-installing/re-installing many times and you can find MANY others who have posted these issues throughout Crackberry and other boards. Once you remove Smart WiFi you will no longer have the issues with the camera.

So, download and use Smart WiFi at your own risk
    Works fine for me and always has. Both versions.
    10-03-10 09:50 AM
    Same here. I've had one camera reboot, and I ran smartwifi for probably 3 months.
    I deleted it tho cuz my apartment is across the street from my school, so I never turn wifi off anymore.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-10 01:19 PM
    it's a cool app but Batteryex does this feature and it also comes with other features. So I think batteryex is a better value.
    10-03-10 02:06 PM
    Same here. I've had one camera reboot, and I ran smartwifi for probably 3 months.
    I deleted it tho cuz my apartment is across the street from my school, so I never turn wifi off anymore.

Maybe the issue with the Camera is just on the Storm series. Do an internet search on "Blackberry Camera Reboot Error" and you will see MANY links all talking about Smart WiFi. I can also tell you that after uninstalling Smart WiFi I have NEVER had an error where the Blackberry reboots itself.
    10-03-10 02:45 PM
    Maybe the issue with the Camera is just on the Storm series. Do an internet search on "Blackberry Camera Reboot Error" and you will see MANY links all talking about Smart WiFi. I can also tell you that after uninstalling Smart WiFi I have NEVER had an error where the Blackberry reboots itself.
    Lol, I thought it was just on the 9650.
    I've heard other people say they had problems with it - I'm just saying that I personally didn't have any problems with it. I had one reboot, and it was always running.
    That doesn't mean it's not the problem I suppose; maybe I'm just lucky.

10-03-10 02:51 PM
    I tried Smart Wifi and it froze my bold every time I tried it.
    10-04-10 07:50 PM
    smart wifi says it wont install on myy bb anymore, and now i have also seen on mobihand that it is os4.6+ now.
    11-27-10 01:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD