Does anyone here use it? Or something similar to it? I'm considering it, but its kinda pricey =s

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-10 10:28 PM
    I use RoBlock but I have heard nothing but good things about SmartGuard
    04-05-10 10:35 PM
    i've been using the free version of smrtGuard. it's working fine for me. no problem beside some "coded" emails automatically sent to my BB when i try to use one of the features from the smrtGuard website. I guess that's how they monitor the device.
    04-05-10 10:39 PM
    I use RoBlock but I have heard nothing but good things about SmartGuard
    Roblock sounds like some serious ****.

04-06-10 05:43 AM
    free smrtguard user here with no problemos
    04-06-10 06:13 AM
    I've been using Buddy Guard with good results.

Here's my findings.

Buddy Guard = good but with no web interface option, a little limiting. Must remember commands, not a deal breaker. Location feature via Google Maps a little vague.

SmrtGuard = good but with no SMS interface a little limiting if you don't have access to a computer. Don't like the fact you have to have a password set in order to lock.

I just tried out RoBlock...whatever you do, DO NOT use the LOCK command while @ work.

It sets off an alarm and locks the key pad until you send an unlock command, which if you are in a building may take a few minutes to get via email or SMS. Kind of a bummer if you are just trying to locate your phone, because it can't be unactivated from the phone's keypad.

I'd like to try the web interface prior to buying....
    04-06-10 09:09 AM
    I have the Smartguard pro. I use it to back up my contacts along with all the other things it does. I have google sync as well but I have many contacts and do not want to loose them. Smrtguard is a very good app. The pro version was I think on sale for 33.00 for the year. (not sure of price) GOOD APP

04-06-10 11:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD