Hello all,

After waiting in line on Friday at 6:30 am until open, I was one of the only people in line to actually receive a Storm. Sweet.

I really like it, but one sticking point is the caller ID. I was hoping that the picture caller ID was bigger, so that it takes up the whole screen like the iPhone. So here's a question. If this isn't in the right thread or not, don't delete the topic or flame me. I'd like to know if there is an app that will allow me to do this. Yes, I have searched far and wide, tried a few trial versions, but none seem to really hit the spot. Any thoughts? It seems like a basic feature, so someone's got to have made an app (or will make an app) for it.

Murdoch
    11-24-08 11:11 PM
    The 2 apps that would do this (one is PictureID & the other the name escapes me right now) are NOT yet optimized for the Storm so they do NOT work (I actually tested BOTH of them today). So we will have to wait patiently until the developers come out from under the rock & updates the apps for the Storm. Sorry.
    11-24-08 11:32 PM
    Ah, it's as I feared. PhonePix is the one I tried out, and it did work, although the stock picture they put with it sucks, and you can't change the picture. I assume someone will make an app for it pretty soon, it seems to be a popular feature.

Thanks for your help, and if anyone knows of another / new program, post here! Thanks!
    11-25-08 01:17 PM
    I contacted Toysoft the maker of Picture ID and this was what they replied back to me:
    hi

RIM said there is a bug in the current OS that causes software like pictureID not to work.
    They said they have fixed the problem in their beta ROM. we have not gotten the ROM to test with yet.
    --
    Toysoft, Inc.
    11-26-08 12:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD