Hey All,

I have OS 7.0.0.585 and Facebook App Ver 2.0.0.58
    Been using older FB apps also on all my previous blackberries and i have the same question:

Is it just me or the FB App very slow? Say you're on the homescreen, and you see a feed from a friend who posted a picture. You click on it and you have to wait a lot for this picture to show?

I have pretty good 3G and do face this problem even when i am on my WIFI 8 Megabites/Second connection.

Any clue?

Cheers,
    02-06-12 12:53 AM
    It's always been slow for me. I usually open it to get rid of the notification and then go on the browser and check what it was.
    02-06-12 01:43 AM
    Facebook has been playing up recently, website crashes often.
    02-06-12 02:23 AM
    I've been having serious FB issues for the past week both on the website, and with my app. It's rendered the FB service virtually useless. Thinking its a FB server problem...
    02-07-12 01:48 PM
    My FB app has always been fast, EXCEPT for loading pictures. I get the pics up, but they stay blurry (not in focus) for a good amount of time before loading.

Also, recently I've been getting notifications late on my BB from the Facebook app.
    (Interestingly enough, the Facebook Messenger app is super quick with notifications... almost simultaneous with my computer when I'm FB chatting on the facebook website)
    02-07-12 02:31 PM
    My FB app has always been fast, EXCEPT for loading pictures. I get the pics up, but they stay blurry (not in focus) for a good amount of time before loading.

Also, recently I've been getting notifications late on my BB from the Facebook app.
    (Interestingly enough, the Facebook Messenger app is super quick with notifications... almost simultaneous with my computer when I'm FB chatting on the facebook website)
    +1 - pictures take awhile to finish loading and notifications have been slow with some never delivered at all.
    02-07-12 04:57 PM
    Slightly off topic, but has anybody else been having this problem with the FB app? Not sure exactly when this starting happening, fairly recently, but if I click on someone's profile pic to view it larger, it pulls up their oldest profile pic instead of their most recent one (for example, if somebody has 10 profile pics, it will pull up 1 of 10, instead of 10 of 10). So it doesn't match the current profile pic they're actually using. Kind of annoying, just wondering if anyone else was having this issue.

I'm on 7.1.0.190 on my Bold 9900, although I'm not sure that makes any difference. Seems like it would be either an issue with the FB app, or with FB itself.
    Last edited by JGreg1; 02-27-12 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Nevermind, seems to have sorted itself.
    02-08-12 09:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD