So I have a at&t 9700 and have been using it with two Google Apps email accounts with BIS since I got the phone in November.

Generally speaking I always got all my email instantly or within a minute or two of it being sent. On a rare occasion something might come through 10 minutes late or so.

Over the past two weeks I am constantly getting emails coming in late, it seems like 10-25 minutes is now the norm.

I have tried to resend the service books, however that hasn't resolved the issue.

Does anyone have any ideas about what might be going wrong?

thanks!
    06-08-10 08:56 PM
    Same here, wonder if it's some weird BIS bug. Because I am using iPhone 3G, and there is REAL push there. My wife is Blackberry-hater ;-) so she always laughs when I read my email on iPhone first, then it gets to Blackberry -- so her question is "so, which phone is famous for it's PUSH again?"
    06-08-10 10:23 PM
    yeah I have no idea what the issue is, I may call at&t and have them put me through to RIM and see if they know anything about it. It is increasingly becoming a major issue for me.
    06-08-10 10:53 PM
    I have no idea what is doing wrong but for me Gmail and Hotmail are both instant delivery to and from my BIS 9700. Verizon POP3 is delivery of up to 15 minutes. It could be the area or market I suppose but if an iPhone is checking email as well and not having issues that is unlikely.

Tried a battery pull or deleting all your old emails and sms/mms?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-10 11:25 PM
    I have been in a few different cities, including a trip up to Montreal so I was roaming on Rogers. Same problem everywhere I went.
    06-08-10 11:30 PM
    as far as i know.. the only true push bb bis account will do is your *.blackberry.net account. If you add any pop3/imap it polls it every 10-15 mins.. so it pushes it later.
    06-08-10 11:43 PM
    as far as i know.. the only true push bb bis account will do is your *.blackberry.net account. If you add any pop3/imap it polls it every 10-15 mins.. so it pushes it later.
    My experience with my 8310 and then with the 9700 since November, I almost always got my google apps email right away.
    06-08-10 11:45 PM

That does not make much sense. iPhone has "real push" with MobileMe/.Mac accounts for ages. But my understanding was that Blackberry should do PUSH on all emails -- that's was actually major selling point for me.
    06-09-10 11:32 AM
    I'm thinking its a carrier issue because I have T-Mobile and my emails come in maximum 3 minutes after sent. Although I don't use the google gmail app for a few reasons, but having my emails set up on the phone is fast for me.

Could be a carrier issue or maybe the google gmail app is faulty or buggy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-10 12:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD