I was so darn pumped when I got Slingplayer to work on my Bold. Really a cool app. About the same time I also loaded a few other new apps. Then I discovered by battery wasn't holding up at all. I could put my Bold, fully charged, into it's holster, leave it there for 6 hours, pull it out and find it dead. I started removing apps to figure out who was the culprit. Unfortunately it turned out to be Slingplayer. Even if I keep it turned off and don't use it, it seems to drain my battery really quick.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a setting I missed somewhere to mitigate battery usage?

Thanks,
    08-06-09 06:19 PM
    no problem here. I got it since the Bold came out. Maybe it's your phone.
    08-07-09 12:08 AM
    I'm not sure how it could be my phone because as soon as I removed Slingplayer Mobile the battery went back to it's normal life span. If you aren't having battery problems with Slingplayer on a Bold than I'm inclined to think I've got some setting that isn't proper. I'm going to ping the folks at Slingplayer and see if they have any ideas.
    08-07-09 11:54 AM
    No problem on mine either. There is no setting to adjust something for that.

What OS are you running. I still have the AT&T official version. I'm sure all these developers make things that work with what the official app is at the time. I see people that use different OS and have things not work correctly.

I will say that when I use the app it sucks the juice out of phone, not as bad as the wife's Iphone, but it hurts it real quick.

Good luck.
    08-07-09 04:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD