I need to know how to get the file from sling media to the sprint 8330 curve handset and what steps are needed once I get the file to the phone. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
    05-30-09 02:15 PM
    I need to know how to get the file from sling media to the sprint 8330 curve handset and what steps are needed once I get the file to the phone. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
    I can send you the OTA download link via PIN but I need your PIN... I can't send you a PM/email since I don't have enough forum posts yet
    Last edited by lorissimo; 05-30-09 at 04:37 PM.
    05-30-09 04:15 PM
    Can you please supply me with specific instructions on how to download and install slingmedia as you did on your curve. Slingbox does not list specific downloads for this carrier/curve. Your help is appreciated RAS
    05-31-09 08:09 PM
    Can you please supply me with specific instructions on how to download and install slingmedia as you did on your curve. Slingbox does not list specific downloads for this carrier/curve. Your help is appreciated RAS
    RAS... as previously posted this is what I did. The only thing I did differently was turning off the roaming status...

Download SPM @

h t t p://download.slingmedia.com/player/mobile/bb1002/US/SlingPlayer_def_EN_US.jad (remove the spaces between h t t p... I don't have enough posts to post a url)

Pay attention to the Caps. For some reason this is important.

Install, but when prompted DO NOT run SPM.

On your BB go to Manage Connections and turn off ALL connections.

Run slingplayer mobile. After it discovers no connection exit.

Turn on ALL connections.

Run SPM.

Go into options and uncheck "show roaming status"...

I can't help you beyond that. Good luck!
    06-02-09 05:01 PM
    RAS... as previously posted this is what I did. The only thing I did differently was turning off the roaming status...

Download SPM @

h t t p://download.slingmedia.com/player/mobile/bb1002/US/SlingPlayer_def_EN_US.jad (remove the spaces between h t t p... I don't have enough posts to post a url)

Pay attention to the Caps. For some reason this is important.

Install, but when prompted DO NOT run SPM.

On your BB go to Manage Connections and turn off ALL connections.

Run slingplayer mobile. After it discovers no connection exit.

Turn on ALL connections.

Run SPM.

Go into options and uncheck "show roaming status"...

I can't help you beyond that. Good luck!
    Thanks for the tip! Worked like a charm!
    06-09-09 11:07 PM
    Any one figure this out for the Sling Pro HD yet? I have been trying for weeks. It will work fine with my Curve 8330 Sprint phone if I use my old Sling Solo. I say fine, but it still locks up the phone sometimes.
    06-23-09 03:23 PM
    Maybe I missed a step, but I'm having a hard time changing my phone software to .131. I have an Alltel 8330 w/ 4.5.0.160. I downloaded the Sprint .131. First try, the .131 wasn't even shown as an option in Desktop Manager. Then I deleted the vendor file as described under #107. After this, the .131 was shown as an option. However, whenever I try to select it, the next screen in Desktop Manager says "No software update is required for your device". I even tried downgrading to 4.5.0.127, which it let me do, to see if it would then let me "upgrade" to the .131, but i got the same result. Any ideas? Also, it would be great if there is anyone that can verify that they actually got this to work with the Pro-HD.
    07-04-09 08:38 AM
    Does anyone else have this problem:
    When I go to full screen mode on the slingplayer on my Sprint 8330, the picture does not fill the whole screen. There's still about 1/4" border around.
    I've had an ATT 8310 before this phone and it never had that problem.

Any thoughts?
    Joel

***UPDATE***
    I figured it out--Under "settings", it has to be on "highest" video quality, not the default "normal" for it to fill the screen completely.
    Last edited by joelkirzner; 07-09-09 at 02:41 PM.
    07-09-09 02:36 PM
    Hello! I followed the great instructions here and successfully loaded the sprint os and slingbox works great. It seems to have caused a couple of new problems that I don't think it's worth for me.

One, is that my phone is dropping calls were it never has before. Is that the sprint operating system or my imagination?

The other is that when I reloaded Documents to Go I only have powerpoint and Word, but no Excel and that's the one I need. I went to dataviz to reload and my registration number is no good for free download. I tried my original registration number and they said it's no good for this version, or something like this.

How do I reload my original VZW operating system? I tried restoring my backup but the OS version didn't change.
    07-18-09 06:58 AM
    I need help with getting slingmobile to play audio through bluetooth with video. Listen mode works fine to 8820 and video mode works fine but not at the same time. Some posts say 8900 models play video sound to bluetooth. Any help?
    (formerly Arvada CO, now Annandale VA).
    07-25-09 09:16 AM
    This from what I posted on SC...
    This does work with the VZW 8330. You need the .131 (Sprint) release installed. Install OTA using the above link. After install, TURN RADIO OFF!! don't open it yet. Go through SPM setup. Press END - do not exit SPM. Turn radio back on. Go back to SPM. Add your box. This 100% works and no you don't have to turn the radio off every time you open it. If you have problems doing this reply back I can help.
    I have done the above and everything looks good, logs into the slingplayer looks like it is about to play and then, my 8330 reboots everytime.

Any thoughts appreciated.
    09-01-09 06:45 AM
    I have done the above and everything looks good, logs into the slingplayer looks like it is about to play and then, my 8330 reboots everytime.

Any thoughts appreciated.
    I'm now having the same problem with a Verizon 8330. It goes to starting mobile and then causes the phone to reboot. What's the solution?

Update: I had OS .77 and updated to .135 and sling is now working.
    Last edited by rcodey; 10-24-09 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Updated info
    10-24-09 06:42 PM
    I have pretty much given up on this on my Sprint Tour 9630. I started out with 1002 and moved to 1011 and both restart my phone when I try to power on my DVR, for some reason it is now so unstable that I don't install it anymore.
    11-08-09 07:48 PM
    How do I get Slingbox to work? I download the OTA above but and installed it successfully but when I start slingbox player I get an error message:

"uncaught exception: net.rim.device.api.system.UnsupportedOperationExce ption"

Does anyone know what this means? Does anyone know if there is another OTA that works on the 8330 on the Verizon netweork?

Many thanks for your help !
    04-21-10 01:02 PM
139 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD