04-21-10 01:02 PM
139 ... 3456
tools
    Works like a charm!!!!!!!!!

Sprint Black Berry 8330 (CDMA)
    v4.5.0.131

WOOHOO!! Thanks
    04-25-09 09:25 AM
    I was successful upgrading to .131 but when I try to link in Opera Mini/BB Browser and download from #54 I am greeted with HTTPError 404: Not found.
    The details are Error: Invalid manifest or application descriptor.
    The "MIDIet-Name" attribute is missing.

04-27-09 01:10 AM
    I have vzw 8330. v4.5.0.135 I hit the sling app and get this
    uncaught exception:net.rim.device.api.system.unsupportedope rationexception
    I hace 1002 for sling. Any help would be great. I tried 503 and same problem
    Thanks
    04-27-09 07:35 PM
    After reading all the related posts, it appears there are two solutions.

1. bypass Sling Media's auto-devise-detection
    2. valid download url.

Help with either or both would be greatly appreciated.
    04-27-09 11:09 PM
    Thanks! This works perfect..

I did need to change my device to mobile only for connect
    I did run the update for the new version after the install. No issues at all.

8330 Curve - Sprint.

My only issue now is getting my motorolla S9 bluetooth head to work with the player....

I can plug in my iphone head phones, and it works perfect... but no dice with the bluetooth yet.
    Last edited by mxcobra; 04-28-09 at 02:23 PM.
    04-28-09 02:17 PM
    So how did you do it?

What address did you download the jad from?
    What OS did you start with?
    At what point in the process did you upgrade the OS?
    04-28-09 08:09 PM
    SUCCESS !!!!!

Curve 8330 on a cdma (Bell).

Always Backup

Here is what I did

I got 131 from

xxxx://xxx.nextel.com/en/software_downloads/pda_smartphone/blackberry_8330.shtml

Install

The BB will not show updates necessary so we have to delete a program vendor.xml

Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete vendor.xml

Disconnect internet connection

Run Desktop Manager and select updates. Allow updates.

Now you are ready for slingplayer mobile.

On you BB using BB browser download the application from #80 or

xxxx://download.slingmedia.com/player/mobile/bb1002/US/SlingPlayer_def_EN_US.jad

Pay attention to the Caps. For some reason this is important.

Install, but when prompted DONOT run.

On BB go to Manage Connections and turn off all connections.

Run slingplayer mobile. After it discovers no connection exit.

Turn on all connections.

Run slingplayer mobile.

Hello Slingplayer mobile on a Curve 8330 on a cdma (Bell).
    04-28-09 10:38 PM
    thanks dug320 it works
    04-29-09 01:24 AM
    The next challenge is get the bluetooth working so I can dump the cord
    04-30-09 01:42 PM
    Dish Network is getting a HD DVR with a built in Slingbox. I am really looking forward to trying this out on my Curve. Thanks for posting the links and the set up instructions.
    04-30-09 01:55 PM
    Has anyone got the sling pro hd box to work? Mine connects but no pic.
    Any thoughts?
    04-30-09 07:56 PM
    Why?

If you are trying to get HD on the phone your limiting factor will be your upload speed. My upload speed is set at home is 500K. My download speed at work is 3000k. At the very best I can get 480K download speed at work

If your are going to troubleshoot, try setting the HD for 720i and trying it. If no success downgrade to regular TV.
    05-03-09 05:16 PM
    I have 3 inputs on the pro hd. I don't have to have hd pic my tivo is one of the inputs so I'm just looking for more options. I can settle for the classic for right now. If I have tv on my phone so I'm happy.

How is the blue tooth project coming?
    05-05-09 10:45 PM
    I'm not able to connect to my Pro-HD either. If anyone has been successful, I'd like to know what you did.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-09 02:00 AM
    and got everything working except when I try to run it, I get a message saying "trial has expired" I never even had a chance to use the trial to see if it works. I can see my slingbox, it tries to connect, I jump up and down with excitement and...... no, your trial has expired. Any ideas on a work around? I don't want to buy anything until I see it work, plus this isn't even supported. Thanks in advance
    05-07-09 07:51 AM
    SUCCESS !!!!!

Curve 8330 on a cdma (Bell).

Always Backup

Here is what I did

I got 131 from

xxxx://xxx.nextel.com/en/software_downloads/pda_smartphone/blackberry_8330.shtml

Install

The BB will not show updates necessary so we have to delete a program vendor.xml

Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete vendor.xml

Disconnect internet connection

Run Desktop Manager and select updates. Allow updates.

Now you are ready for slingplayer mobile.

On you BB using BB browser download the application from #80 or

xxxx://download.slingmedia.com/player/mobile/bb1002/US/SlingPlayer_def_EN_US.jad

Pay attention to the Caps. For some reason this is important.

Install, but when prompted DONOT run.

On BB go to Manage Connections and turn off all connections.

Run slingplayer mobile. After it discovers no connection exit.

Turn on all connections.

Run slingplayer mobile.

Hello Slingplayer mobile on a Curve 8330 on a cdma (Bell).
    This worked today on my Verizon 8830. This is still the latest version. DL the jad. Mine made me reboot so when it finished radio was already off. Went thru setup and turned radio on. Voila! Highest defnition breaks up too frequently. Normal runs without interruption but not in full screen mode.
    05-07-09 03:06 PM
    oKAY, AFTER SEVERAL DAYS OF RUNNING THIS, i HAD TO UNINSTALL IT BECAUSE MY bb KEPT FREEZING AND GIVING ME AN ERROR. I THINK I:'' WAIT FOR THE NEXT RELEASE BEFORE TRYING AGAIN.
    05-12-09 04:15 PM
    I was able to install SPM on my 8330 running .138 and its running without any problems.
    05-13-09 03:22 PM
    I am still trying to get my slingbox to work with my Sprint curve 8330. Can someone please help and walk me through it? I am running OS 4.5.0.131
    Also I tried to go to the site posted to download the link but that also is not working. Please help as I am new to this and my BB.

05-13-09 11:03 PM
    I just got SPM 1.002 working on my VZW curve by following the information posted above. FWIW I did have problems getting it working the first few attempts and I think unchecking "Show Roaming Status" may have done the trick.

My source is a slingbox solo connected to VZW fios service with 5mbps upstream connection. The picture looks as good as it possibly could on the tiny curve screen. I do have to run in Normal resolution mode (if I set it to Highest I get occasional break-ups).

For the guy who was asking about getting his bluetooth headphones working with SPM - There's nothing you can do to get them working. Slingmedia would have to build A2DP support in SPM (that's the stereo audio over bluetooth profile). You can't just route any audio stream over bluetooth, it's has to be directly supported. Send Sling an email requesting it! I don't have high hopes though, if you've used Pandora on a bluetooth headset the audio quality is not that good. I think the current incarnation of bt does not have quite enough bandwidth to support decent quality stereo audio.
    05-16-09 10:34 AM
    I just got SPM 1.002 working on my VZW curve by following the information posted above. FWIW I did have problems getting it working the first few attempts and I think unchecking "Show Roaming Status" may have done the trick.

My source is a slingbox solo connected to VZW fios service with 5mbps upstream connection. The picture looks as good as it possibly could on the tiny curve screen. I do have to run in Normal resolution mode (if I set it to Highest I get occasional break-ups).

For the guy who was asking about getting his bluetooth headphones working with SPM - There's nothing you can do to get them working. Slingmedia would have to build A2DP support in SPM (that's the stereo audio over bluetooth profile). You can't just route any audio stream over bluetooth, it's has to be directly supported. Send Sling an email requesting it! I don't have high hopes though, if you've used Pandora on a bluetooth headset the audio quality is not that good. I think the current incarnation of bt does not have quite enough bandwidth to support decent quality stereo audio.
    I did some more digging, and SPM does support A2DP. Looks like it's a BB OS issue (from slingcommunity):

You need a headset that supports A2DP. As long as you have a compatible headset then you can get audio through it on BlackBerry devices with OS4.6 or higher. Devices with OS4.5 only support Bluetooth audio for audio-only playback, not while playing video. (So it works in 'Listen' mode only within SPM.)
    05-16-09 10:37 AM
    I have a verizon 8330 as well and want to use my sling box.

Can you exlpain to a techie wanna be and tech challenged person how this can be done

I dont want to do something that will make my phone to blow up

thanks for your help
    05-23-09 04:02 PM
    CDMA still doesn't work with PRO-HD Slingplayers correct?
    05-26-09 02:33 PM
    Nope. I've tried it a few times now and no sound or audio.

05-27-09 04:43 AM
    Disabling "Show Roaming Status" did the trick for me as well. Working well on a Telus 8330! Question though... do I need to leave SPM running in the backround or can I actually close/exit the program when I'm not using it? Just afraid to get the "rim exception error" when I start the program with radio "on"...
    05-27-09 06:25 PM
139 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD