Has anyone successfully gotten the audio to a stereo bluetooth device??? I have headphones that work great with everything else (pandora, slacker, media player, etc.) but they don't work with SPM.

-----------
    VZW 8330
    OS 4.5.0.113
    SPM 1.0.0.2
    04-07-09 02:49 PM
    An update to my post from earlier today. I was able to get the jad file onto my 8830 and open it from media manager. I launched the file and change all of the app permissions to "allow" and told it to start the download. It quickly failed with a "907 Invalid COD File not found" error. I'm not connected to any business servers and I've never had a problem installing apps (I installed google maps earlier today). Any ideas?
    I am having the exact same problem - did you resolve it?
    04-07-09 09:19 PM
    Hey guys!

Thanks so much for all of the good info, from upgrading to the Sprint OS to the step by step instructions for getting SPM up and running. I have a Verizon 8330 and I thought slinging would be impossible, but it works! It's fantastic! My only problem was I needed to adjust the port forwarding in my router configuration, but after that, it worked like a charm! I'm slinging and I'm loving it! Tested it out early this morning in the office and managed to see a few minutes of the NFL Network... LOL. Again, thanks for all the great information. This rocks!!
    04-08-09 10:39 AM
    Hey guys!

Thanks so much for all of the good info, from upgrading to the Sprint OS to the step by step instructions for getting SPM up and running. I have a Verizon 8330 and I thought slinging would be impossible, but it works! It's fantastic! My only problem was I needed to adjust the port forwarding in my router configuration, but after that, it worked like a charm! I'm slinging and I'm loving it! Tested it out early this morning in the office and managed to see a few minutes of the NFL Network... LOL. Again, thanks for all the great information. This rocks!!
    Congrats....how did you get the software to install? I emailed it to myself, downloaded it, and I get a COD error whenever I try to run it/install it...
    04-08-09 10:48 AM
    Congrats....how did you get the software to install? I emailed it to myself, downloaded it, and I get a COD error whenever I try to run it/install it...
    I did the same thing you did, I emailed the following link to myself:

http://download.slingmedia.com/playe..._def_EN_US.jad

Fortunately I didn't have any COD errors or issues when I downloaded and it installed perfectly. And are you good to go with the updated OS?
    04-08-09 11:07 AM
    Yes, I have the .131, Sprint, etc. I have no idea what the problem is and I have not been able to figure it out online. I am hoping someone will rescue me today...
    04-08-09 11:30 AM
    Yes, I have the .131, Sprint, etc. I have no idea what the problem is and I have not been able to figure it out online. I am hoping someone will rescue me today...
    I'm so sorry, Kev -- I really wish I could help! I'm not the most technically savvy person so I'm not sure why you'd be receiving that error. I'm on Verizon and had to work at getting the OS installed, but once that was done the SPM software was pretty easy to run. I hope someone knows a work around so that you can get up and running soon!
    04-08-09 12:09 PM
    Rt click on the link above go to properties copy the entire link and send that to yourself The hyperlink in the web page dosent always play nice with BB
    04-08-09 06:09 PM
    Rt click on the link above go to properties copy the entire link and send that to yourself The hyperlink in the web page dosent always play nice with BB

That might be applicable if Big Kev and i were using the hyperlink only. We've both downloaded the file and put it on our PC and then moved it to the berry using the media manager. I triple checked the URL when trying to do an OTA install and then I'm also getting the COD error when installing from file system.
    04-10-09 10:20 AM
    That might be applicable if Big Kev and i were using the hyperlink only. We've both downloaded the file and put it on our PC and then moved it to the berry using the media manager. I triple checked the URL when trying to do an OTA install and then I'm also getting the COD error when installing from file system.
    I think I have the solution. I am not a techie and cannot explain it that way, and I cannot explain why - but I think this will help you.

Use the link on post 54, but hit that link using your BlackBerry browser. It doesn't seem to work when you download it on your PC and then email it/sync it over. Download the file OTA from the link in Post 54 of this thread. Then, once it downloads, use the instructions in Post 63 of this thread, then it should work. Post back when you have got it going.

K
    04-10-09 12:07 PM
    Holy S Kev, that did it. Wow, I had no idea that clicking on the link from the browser berry vs. entering the link manually made that kind of difference (and I apologize if someone was trying to tell me this before - I misunderstood what you meant).

I now have this working on a vzw running .135
    04-10-09 12:45 PM
    Congrats, glad to help.
    04-10-09 12:49 PM
    What are you running .135 on. Isnt .131 the latest you can put on the VZW 8330
    sorry just noticed you have the 8830
    04-11-09 08:48 AM
    Hey guys!

haha you could avoid all this by just switching to sprint. live nfl network stream for everyone.

but yeah, no problem
    04-11-09 05:06 PM
    by the way everyone, the new version of SPM is ok to upgrade to from the old one via the SPM prompts.

One thing I will say though is that I did turn the radio off and all that before I tried connecting, just in case.
    04-11-09 05:08 PM
    I got my SPM to work on my Sprint 8330 and it was working for a number of days, but now it logs me in to my account and finds my slingboxes, but it will not connect. Any ideas?
    04-12-09 07:38 PM
    I got my SPM to work on my Sprint 8330 and it was working for a number of days, but now it logs me in to my account and finds my slingboxes, but it will not connect. Any ideas?
    Did you disable the http call to allow this to happen? I remember seeing an http warning right after I installed that asked if it was ok to make that call. Of course, that depends on your security settings - you may never see that warning.
    04-13-09 02:42 PM
    make sure you switched the connection from wifi to mobile only.
    04-14-09 03:33 PM
    I am running my BB 8330 on Sprint with the trial version of SlingPlayer Mobile. After watching it for 3-5 minutes, my whole BB will just shut down with no warning. Like the battery was removed or something. I have to press the power button to get it to come back on. Has anyone else seen this???

K
    04-15-09 04:57 PM
    I am running my BB 8330 on Sprint with the trial version of SlingPlayer Mobile. After watching it for 3-5 minutes, my whole BB will just shut down with no warning. Like the battery was removed or something. I have to press the power button to get it to come back on. Has anyone else seen this???

K
    I see this fairly frequently when running a beta OS, if that helps. I don't know what version you're using but I've found that 138 is a lot more stable than 135.
    04-16-09 06:46 AM
    VTshorty78 -

How has the Slingbox worked out for you? I have the same 8330 / VZW setup. I'm desperate for getting this going, since I gave up my TREO the other year.

Thanks.
    04-20-09 05:07 PM
    Good, except the for the problem mentioned above. I plan to keep the SPM. Why can't you get it going - did you follow the instructions I wrote on a previous post?
    04-20-09 05:11 PM
    My SPM seems to buffer a lot and sometimes loses the connect altogether. I've tried using it in several different places thinking that it was my connection with VZW, but I pretty much have the same problem. Anyone else have a problem with his/her connection?
    04-20-09 06:35 PM
    Stupid question: where do you register SPM? I logged into my account at sling.com and couldn't find any mentioned of it.
    04-21-09 06:55 AM
    has anyone been able to get it to work with the HD PRO
    04-21-09 06:02 PM
139 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD