Uninstall, reinstall, turn radio off, run spm, go to options, change from wifi to mobile, press end key, turn radio back on, go back to spm, login, connect.

That's about the most advice I can give.

This in on a sprint 8330
    03-23-09 11:24 PM
    Uninstall, reinstall, turn radio off, run spm, go to options, change from wifi to mobile, press end key, turn radio back on, go back to spm, login, connect.

This in on a sprint 8330
    To clarify...i cant even get the program installed on my phone. Does anyone know where I can get the download to install it from my desktop Manager? I have it in .JAD form but i cant install it on my phone,
    03-23-09 11:36 PM
    Got mine working. Don't know if it was causing it not to work, but as soon as I turned off "Show Roaming Status", it started working!!

Way Cool!!
    Finally!!
    I've missed my Slingbox since I dumped my PPC-6700 about this time last year.
    03-23-09 11:45 PM
    To clarify...i cant even get the program installed on my phone. Does anyone know where I can get the download to install it from my desktop Manager? I have it in .JAD form but i cant install it on my phone,
    Why can't you install it OTA from the link above?
    03-23-09 11:54 PM
    Silly question but does anyone know if this would work on the Verizon 8130 (Pearl)? Using the above steps I got A LOT closer than before...now if I could only remember my admin password
    Last edited by jbeck22; 03-24-09 at 12:37 AM.
    03-24-09 12:24 AM

This in on a sprint 8330
    Thanks for the directions. I got it up & running on my 8330! I've been missing this app ever since leaving WM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-09 01:09 AM
    got mine working also, thanks for the help guys. When i closed it and tried to log in again it said "password is not set for this slingbox. please use the slingplayer 2.0/windows to set password" is this done on my cpu??
    03-24-09 10:24 AM

This in on a sprint 8330

Works like a charm on my 8330 on Telus.
    03-24-09 01:02 PM
    Silly question but does anyone know if this would work on the Verizon 8130 (Pearl)? Using the above steps I got A LOT closer than before...now if I could only remember my admin password

i think its limited to 4.5.131 or whatever, cause that supports streaming, but if you manage to get it, try logging in to your sling 2.0 account, rather than just setting up the box manually.
    03-24-09 05:41 PM
    got mine working also, thanks for the help guys. When i closed it and tried to log in again it said "password is not set for this slingbox. please use the slingplayer 2.0/windows to set password" is this done on my cpu??
    yeah it is, download the new slingplayer desktop (v 2.0) and it will have you set up a login and password.

then login on SPM, and it will set the box up automatically. make sure you delete the old box in SPM on the directory before you login.
    03-24-09 05:46 PM
    try going into your apps list on the BB and see if it is there. a few times, i installed and it never gave me an icon but it was still on the bb. just manually delete it if it is there, and try the OTA again. If that doesnt work, Im not sure what to tell you, it seems like your problem may be bigger than anything caused by SPM.
    03-24-09 05:49 PM
    I've followed the directions, i've gotten logged into my account. everything looks like it's going to work. but when i hit connect, nothing happens. It shows my slingbox in the directory. anyone have any ideas?
    03-25-09 10:23 AM
    I've followed the directions, i've gotten logged into my account. everything looks like it's going to work. but when i hit connect, nothing happens. It shows my slingbox in the directory. anyone have any ideas?
    First, you need to change the preferred connection to "mobile" and that will allow it to connect.

Actually, you need to download OS version .131 from Sprint because that is the version that allows streaming.
    03-25-09 11:24 AM
    First, you need to change the preferred connection to "mobile" and that will allow it to connect.

Actually, you need to download OS version .131 from Sprint because that is the version that allows streaming.
    yep, i did change the connection to mobile.

sorry, my sig is not up to date. I am running sprint's 4.5.0.131.
    03-25-09 11:35 AM
    yep, i did change the connection to mobile.

sorry, my sig is not up to date. I am running sprint's 4.5.0.131.
    Hmm....well I wish I could help, but all I did to get mine to work was change it to mobile and poof, it works. Do a battery pull....the solution to everything!
    03-25-09 12:21 PM
    Thats exactly hat worked for me i had all the other settings correct and the connect button wouldnt work, i took off roaming and it worked fine. dosent make sense but ill take it
    03-27-09 12:04 AM
    I got it all the way to "connecting on mobile" and then my device resets itself. Happens every time. Any ideas?

Sprint 8330
    03-27-09 01:27 AM
    Got it to work. I logged out of my account and added the slingbox manually and now it works. Weird.
    03-27-09 01:37 AM
    Now it says that there is an update that is available too. Anyone try that yet and see if it breaks the app with these unsupported phones?
    03-27-09 01:42 AM
    Now it says that there is an update that is available too. Anyone try that yet and see if it breaks the app with these unsupported phones?
    It will not break the app. Been there, upgraded, and it works just as well.
    03-29-09 07:29 AM
    If your on sprint 8330 which application from the website is being downloaded to the phone. There are several bb apps to choose from? my 8330 is fully updated. I just want to make sure i put the right app on.
    03-29-09 10:12 AM
    I tried downloading the .jad from the original post in this thread and it looks like that link is dead. I tried downloading it from the sling media mobile site and it says my deviced is not compatible. I'm running Sprint's .131 on my VZW 8330. Any advice on where/how to get the .jad?
    03-29-09 10:45 AM
    I'm trying to get the jad file on my vzw 8830 (.135) but my browser is coming back with this error:
    "Error: Invalid manifest or application descriptor

The 'MIDlet-Name' attribute is missing"

Any ideas? I've tried clearing my cache and pulling the battery - no luck. I also checked the apps page to see if it was already in there and it is not.
    Last edited by muchgooder.com; 03-29-09 at 12:51 PM.
    03-29-09 12:20 PM
    got the sprint firmware installed. followed the instructions for the SPM. it connects to my slingbox pro-hd but shows no video and doesn't plays any audio. anything I'm missing? I'm on the bell mobility network, not sprint btw
    Last edited by benwkh; 03-29-09 at 07:14 PM.
    03-29-09 12:48 PM
    What am I missing I am running 131 on Verizon 8330 I download the OTA then turn the radio off I accept the user agreement I then get a demo screen when I exit the demo screen I get the slingplayer logo that I have watched for 10 minutes How do I get to the screen to set it to mobil?
    03-29-09 01:04 PM
139 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD