Is there a way to have my phone turn off after a given amount of time?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-08 10:31 AM
    there is a way to have it turn off at a given time and then back on at a given time
    12-30-08 10:50 AM
    Sure!

Just use Settings > Options > Auto On/Off. Configure as you wish.

Is there a way to have my phone turn off after a given amount of time?

12-30-08 11:12 AM
    Thanks music law!

12-30-08 11:30 AM
    Is there a way to have the keypad lock after a period of inactivity, like a screensaver on a PC?
    02-01-09 02:02 AM
    Is there a way to have the keypad lock after a period of inactivity, like a screensaver on a PC?
    Yes; This thread is filled with answers, is it not? This would require a password though.

Options -> Password -> (Enable) -> Set your password -> Set your security timeout time.

It is a small pain but considering your situation, you would want something to last for a longer duration than lock, so this is your type of setting
    02-01-09 03:34 AM
    will this work then?

I wanna fall asleep listening to pandora radio but dont wanna drain the battery so i start pandora at 11pm i set auto shut off at 12am then turn back on at 6am in time for the alarm clock to go off. will pandora also start back up draining battery or will it be have to be re-initiated when the powere bots back up?
    11-26-09 10:53 PM
    will this work then?

I wanna fall asleep listening to pandora radio but dont wanna drain the battery so i start pandora at 11pm i set auto shut off at 12am then turn back on at 6am in time for the alarm clock to go off. will pandora also start back up draining battery or will it be have to be re-initiated when the powere bots back up?
    It will have to be re-initiated.
    11-26-09 10:58 PM
    Why not just plug in the charger?

11-27-09 07:05 AM
    I realize I could set the Auto On/Off, but is there an app for just setting a sleep timer for like 20 mins. So that if I have music playing, it will turn off in 20 mins?

thanks
    05-03-10 10:33 PM
    I realize I could set the Auto On/Off, but is there an app for just setting a sleep timer for like 20 mins. So that if I have music playing, it will turn off in 20 mins?

thanks
    Did you ever get this figured out?
    05-31-10 10:58 AM
    No, still haven't found anything. If anyone does hear of something that solves this problem, please post here!
    05-31-10 02:53 PM
    ...a sleep timer app. Any ideas? Anyone? The BB Community would appreciate it.
    06-30-10 10:14 AM
    I too would love to see a sleep timer app for just a specified period of time
    11-24-10 09:02 AM
    I started creating the app, but to access the API to control the sleep mode on the phone it costs $20 to get the signature key from RIM. Does anyone want to fund me the $20 for the app?
    12-04-10 04:00 PM
    There's an app that has sleeping timer in it and is very good for listening radio stations its name is tunein
    08-21-13 12:30 AM
    I use nobex, put on music(online radio), set sleep timer, fall asleep to what ever listening too. As for the auto off/on function, under the option settings that was mentioned.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 12:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD