I just installed Pandora on my Tour simply because I'm already familiar with it and its less memory :P but what do you guys prefer? Is Slacker better? Pandora better? Let's hear some opinions

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-09 11:36 PM
    I prefer Slacker. I like being able to cache stations and then not needing a signal to listen to them.
    11-27-09 11:51 PM
    I have both and have used the cache feature on slacker to save some music on my sd card, but I find myself using pandora much more often because I really like the quickmix feature where it randomly plays a mix of all the stations I have saved. I like I wide range of music and it is nice to have a variety played without me having to change stations.
    11-27-09 11:52 PM
    Hmmm. Maybe I'll have to try slacker and compare for myself.

11-27-09 11:53 PM
    I prefer Slacker, since you are able to cache stations and listen when you do not have a signal or have to turn your phone radio off.

Slacker also has a bigger library, so there is less repetition.

Pandora limits you to 40 hrs./month. I usually listen around 2-3 hrs./day, so 40 hrs. will be used up before a month is over.
    11-27-09 11:57 PM
    The last version of Slacker interfered with my camera function...so I switch to Pandora which was terrible. The current version of Slacker is very good. It works very smoothly.
    11-27-09 11:58 PM
    There are a ton of threads on this exact topic already...
    Here is a link to the Slacker vs Pandora post in the blogs from a few months back:
    Slacker vs Pandora - Internet Radio Smackdown

and here is a link to abt 100 other threads with the same question:
    Pandora vs Slacker in the forums

I don't know if that will help you at all... but sometimes it pays to search a bit and see what's already in the forums.
    11-27-09 11:59 PM
    There are a ton of threads on this exact topic already...
    Here is a link to the Slacker vs Pandora post in the blogs from a few months back:
    Slacker vs Pandora - Internet Radio Smackdown

and here is a link to abt 100 other threads with the same question:
    Pandora vs Slacker in the forums

I don't know if that will help you at all... but sometimes it pays to search a bit and see what's already in the forums.

Yeah I've read that article already. I just wanted some new opinions since both apps came out with new versions.

11-28-09 09:58 AM
    Pandora is my fave as I have mixes for every occasion that I can play anywhere. Slacker has the cache feature that I love whilst jogging and hiking. I have both. Both have a feature I love. A combo of Slacker and Pandora will just be heaven!
    11-28-09 10:16 AM
    Personally, I love slacker!

11-28-09 10:23 AM
    i love slacker, because i can used the cached stations when i dont get any signal. other than that i feel the slacker plays more songs i like.
    11-28-09 10:28 AM
    I hate the slacker!!! I'm still trying to figure out how to get it off my blackberry, the icon still shows up!
    11-28-09 10:29 AM
    Ooohh weelll ii was a pandorian but now from reading replys i might become a slacker, wasn't awear of the cache option

11-28-09 01:22 PM
    Another vote for slacker. I've triied pandora but keep coming back to slacker. Cached stations and consistently better, more varied mixes make it a winner for me.
    11-28-09 02:09 PM
    Of the two, I definately prefer Slacker, but grooveshark.com trumps both of these on a regular computer. I know that grooveshark has an iphone app in the works, so hopefully something for bb is on the way. If you like grooveshark, let them know you'd like to see them on a blackberry!

11-28-09 02:18 PM
    Pandora hands down....love the ability to play customized music. Plus the quick mix feature is extremely nifty.

11-28-09 03:32 PM
    I luv Pandora its my fav!!
    11-28-09 07:52 PM
    PANDORA> the rest.
    11-28-09 08:56 PM
    Prefer Slacker's cache functionality.

11-28-09 09:05 PM
    i guess i may try Slacker...i didn't know about the cache function. I have pandora and I love the quick mixes and having all sorts of different music but giving Slacker a try may not be as bad as I once thought. honestly i deleted or hid the icon because I didn't know the true function of it.
    11-28-09 09:24 PM
    I like slacker, but only because I like more control over the music that plays - you can like or dislike artists/songs, to ensure that your favorites ones play and the ones you don't like never come up. Also, you can like artists of different genres and have them all play on the same station. Easy as pie

11-28-09 09:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD