gonna download an app, just wandering if i could get some answers on the best so i dont have to keep trying some.
    12-13-10 12:05 AM
    I havent used slacker but would recommend Pandora. Pandora just has a simple UI and the song quality is good.
    12-13-10 01:46 AM
    i've tried to use slacker, but it seemed like the
    setup was too much and i found pandora a lot
    easier. i also paid the $36/yr for pandora one.
    12-13-10 01:48 AM
    I personally use Pandora, and paid for Pandora One as well. This is what I use to listen to music because with P1, there are no commercials, great quality, and I can listen to what I want. On the other hand, I also have Nobex Radio Companion (free version) which I use to listen to radio stations broadcasted in the US, as it is the only program I have ever found which will literally play any radio station in the US, and with the paid version, many international stations.

That and whatever music I store on the SD card leaves me very happy!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-10 02:03 AM
    Pandora One and TuneInRadio are all I use and its just to epic to explain why right now...I kid, T.I.R. is just an awesome app all around and let's you listen to radio stations world wide and local along with podcasts and internet streams.

Thnx, �Tripster�

12-13-10 02:07 AM
    All I've ever used is Slacker and what's on my card. OH and Yesterberry and I love it all!

Slacker is great! I love using it at my desk from the web, too.

Try a few and see which you like better.
    12-13-10 07:09 AM
    I never used anything but Slacker. I select my genre or category and the music plays, I love it. Now I thinking of downloading TuneinRadio to give it a try; I need a radio app.

12-13-10 07:55 AM
    TuneIn is simply amazing. Not the same sort of thing as Slacker but if you're interested in streaming radio stations from all over the world, TuneIn is a no brainer.
    12-13-10 08:49 AM
    I use TuneIn and supplement with iheart. TuneIn is just amazing! With iheart I can listen to KTU from NYC, I can't find it anywhere else. But definitely TuneIn is #1!
    12-13-10 10:06 AM
    TuneIN and slacker are totally different and can coexist well
    12-13-10 10:13 AM
    TuneInRadio for BlackBerry is great and so is Pandora. Both coexist well on my 9650 running OS6.0.0.333/.407 full java hybrid.
    12-13-10 12:45 PM
    I used to be a firm believer in Slacker, but I have found Pandora to be all around better, for me.
    12-13-10 12:57 PM
    I've only used Pandora and love it. I have never tried anything else. I listen to music for about 8 hours a day at my desk at work.

The only problem, sometimes my music stops, so I load another channel/artist and it picks back up.

What Pandora does for me:
    Insert a music artist and it finds similar music.
    12-13-10 12:58 PM
    Pandora and Tunein are my personal favorites.
    12-13-10 01:05 PM
    Since I've been playing with Tune In, I even deleted Pandora, I've found the internet only stations to fill the need once filled by Pandora

12-13-10 04:14 PM
    Check out this previous thread about Slacker vs other streaming music options:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/slacker-549813/

As I said there, I stopped using Slacker on both my laptop and my BB since I had repeated technical problems with the site and they simply kept making it harder and harder to use their service. Pandora is clearly winning the online/mobile music war against Slacker and it seems that Slacker is now just grasping for anything they can get.
    12-13-10 04:45 PM
    Are any of these free or are they all subscription based?
    12-14-10 08:05 AM
    Pandora is free.

You can opt in for a subscription; however, I have no clue what that buys you.

slalom likes this.
    12-14-10 08:07 AM
    Woops....Pandora doesn't work in Canada. Does flycast still exist? I used it a year or so ago, and it wasn't bad
    12-14-10 10:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD