This is a great app no doubt and its free but is it slowing anyone else's phone down or is it just me before I installed it yesterday my phone was fast and keeping up with me when I text super fast but after slacker my phone started pausing and doing crazy things and the app isn't even open!
    02-09-09 11:23 PM
    This is a great app no doubt and its free but is it slowing anyone else's phone down or is it just me before I installed it yesterday my phone was fast and keeping up with me when I text super fast but after slacker my phone started pausing and doing crazy things and the app isn't even open!
    Slacker works awesome for me. I actually disabled the compatibility mode.

Options->Advanced Options->Applications->Highlight "Slacker"-> Menu "Disable Compatibility Mode"

Hope this helps!
    02-09-09 11:55 PM
    my phone just acts like something is wrong no apps running and its just being slow
    02-10-09 12:02 AM
    i have noticed a slight speed difference when running the app, which i fiured was normal. It was really nothing out of the usual, ive seen the phone worse when trying to browse forum websites!
    02-10-09 07:48 AM
    defintely slows my phone down. on occasion it locks up when I try to shut it down and lags about 30 secs behind.

def not a deal breaker for me though...this is one of the better apps i have used...and to top it off its phree
    02-10-09 10:26 AM
    Just signed up for Slacker. Installed well, ran perfectly 1st time, no notable lag in apps afterwards. Very cool
    02-10-09 10:34 AM
    I downloaded the app, hadn't used it yet, but immediately noticed my phone slowing down, so I deleted it. Its still running slow, not as slow as when slacker was still on my phone, but slower than before I installed it. The only difference I see now is that sometimes before going into a menu or app, it shows the little timer clock in the middle sometimes.
    02-10-09 10:40 AM
    I've noticed that is slows the phone down a lot while it's running - lots of lag if I check a text or email with music playing. It hung up for about a minute this morning when I tried to close it down, threw an exception error and finally closed. But other than that, it's great. I'll be keeping it on the phone.
    02-10-09 10:55 AM
    What Operating System are most of you using? I installed Slacker Mobile a few days ago, and it has not affected any performance. I am also not getting lag most of you speak of. I'm running .99
    02-10-09 10:57 AM
    I'm running .99 and having some slow downs/lock ups while using slacker. Under .75 I was okay.
    02-10-09 10:58 AM
    I'm on .75 right now.
    02-10-09 11:01 AM
    I'm still on the .75 release myself. I have a mac and haven't put Windows on it yet to do the OS upgrades, so I'm living with it as it is. Still, with .75, Slacker seems to perform ok. It's slow to start, and slow to shut down, but other than that it seems to run fine most of the time.
    02-10-09 11:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD