slacker's algorithm might not be that great, but Pandora takes the safe route by repeating your liked songs very, very often.

Not really a pro for me because I listen to the radio to find new songs.
    08-11-09 04:15 PM
    I like pandora wayy more then slacker.
    08-11-09 08:27 PM
    I find that slacker has better sound then pandora, even with the latest pandora update. Also the ability to cache slacker stations to your SD card and play them anywhere regardless of if you have any coverage pushes it over the top for me as the best.

I do find that slacker tends to play more mainstream music then what Pandora offers, so that is either a plus or minus depending on what you want to listen to.

The best thing you can do is try them both. They are both free to use, with some limitations, and find the one that you like best.
    08-11-09 08:31 PM
    I prefer Pandora's playlists by far. The limit on free usage is a downside, but I don't find myself coming that close to it.
    08-11-09 10:45 PM
    Ive used them both and still have both installed.

Pandora is very lightweight and doesnt bog down your device. However the sound quality isnt nearly as good as slacker. The metod for creating stations is mediocre. The repeating of songs is annoying because you are limited to 6 skips per hour. I dont knw where someone got the idea that Pandora doesnt have a skip limit but even the $36 /yr upgrade has a 6 skip per hour limit. If your in a low coverage area Pandora will hiccup frequently.

Slacker is a heavy app that until all the album art etc is loaded will cause your device to run slow. This doesnt last but maybe a minute. I have yet to hear a repeat of songs in the same day on slacker. The sound quality is incredible for streaming radio. The ability to open a genre category and select from multiple styles of songs for that genre is far superior to pandora. In the free version you get 6 skips per hour per station, in the pay version you get unlimited skips. Theres absolutely no limit per hour or day if you choose to subscribe. You also get lyrics and no ads. Im currently listening to Slacker as I type this and Ive got 1 bar of service and I have yet to have any pauses for buffering or skipping. The variation of songs from radio played music and obscure music varies from station to station. For instance the party rock station is going to play more mainstream music where as the rock station will play a little of everything. Lastly, Ive yet to search for a song in slacker and not found it. Ive had dozens in pandora that couldnt be found.

All in all, Slacker all the way. In fact Ill be removing Pandora after reading what I just wrote.
    08-12-09 09:03 AM
    I use both and enjoy both but hate the resart of slacker after a message. that needs to be taken care of
    08-12-09 10:09 AM
    Lastly, Ive yet to search for a song in slacker and not found it. Ive had dozens in pandora that couldnt be found.
    I've actually got a band I love that's major label that can't be found on either. :/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-09 10:53 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD