Hey guys, I listen to Slacker radio all the time, but sometimes in the middle of a song, the volume the cranks up. I'll be sitting in the library listening to music, doing homework without touching the phone, then the next thing I know the volume increases x1.5, then I have to turn it down manually, even though the volume adjuster is the same as before. I haven't noticed this using Windows Media Player, but I use Slacker 85% more than anything else. Has anyone else experienced this, or is my phone defective?

Edit
    I just upgraded to .517, and it has occurred on both OS'.
    03-24-10 09:16 AM
    same thing (essentially) happens when i listen to Pandora. volume will suddenly increase at the start of a song. "SOME" members here always blame the applications. I've no idea if the issue is with the OS or the app, but I've had the same issue with 5 or more Storms/Storm2's. I never have similar problems playing Pandora on any PC or on an Apple Touch. Seems to me the issue should be laid at RIM's feet, IMO.
    03-24-10 11:08 AM
    OP - What version of Slacker do you have installed? I have had slacker installed since the S2 dropped last year and have not experienced what you are describing. I have found the tech support at Slacker to be quite helpful.

Dave - Your logic is SO flawed it cannot be called logic. How does any applications you run on a computer or your iTouch have ANYTHING to do with one that runs on a Blackberry? They are completely different platforms. The application in this case is written by a 3rd party, which believe it or not may not run perfectly. Is it not also possible that another completely unassociated application installed on the phone could interfere with the function of another application? If you are SO unhappy with your Blackberry why not just sell it and move on? Obviously RIM has let you down and doesn't deserve your business.
    03-24-10 11:24 AM
    OP - What version of Slacker do you have installed? I have had slacker installed since the S2 dropped last year and have not experienced what you are describing. I have found the tech support at Slacker to be quite helpful.

Dave - Your logic is SO flawed it cannot be called logic. How does any applications you run on a computer or your iTouch have ANYTHING to do with one that runs on a Blackberry? They are completely different platforms. The application in this case is written by a 3rd party, which believe it or not may not run perfectly. Is it not also possible that another completely unassociated application installed on the phone could interfere with the function of another application? If you are SO unhappy with your Blackberry why not just sell it and move on? Obviously RIM has let you down and doesn't deserve your business.
    your response is flawed because you missed the point. but that's ok.
    03-24-10 11:43 AM
    Ok arguments and flawed logic aside. Most members have no issues with Slacker, me included. So if you are running the most current version of Slacker and changing the OS doesn't fix the problem, then we DO need to look at your third party apps. I know a lot of members reported Vlingo causing volume problems with Slacker/Pandora.

Try listing out all your third party apps, so we can see if there is anything causing a conflict.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-10 12:06 PM
    it happens to me in both Pandora and Slacker. My take on it is (I sleep with music on) they want to make sure you're listening to the music if not get off their servers. Both services would all the sudden turn volume way up and wake me up.

03-24-10 12:15 PM
    . Both services would all the sudden turn volume way up and wake me up.

or shatter an eardrum! I usually listen via headphones and when the volume goes up suddenly, it's to an ear-shattering level.
    03-24-10 12:27 PM
    I had an audio bug that was caused by Vlingo and affected Slacker, Pandora and the default media player, but I just posted a new thread this morning stating that this bug no longer exists in the newest version of Vlingo (4.5). So if you have Vlingo installed, I'd be willing to bet that the bug lies in Vlingo; go download the newest version from vlingo.com.
    03-24-10 01:24 PM
    I listen to Slacker regularly and haven't experienced this problem. I'm using OS .517, but also didn't have any problems on previous OS leaks and/or hybrids. Although problems like these can be phone specific, I would check third party apps first. I haven't used Vlingo, so I can't confirm MrWireless's findings.
    03-24-10 01:46 PM
    40 minutes into a Pandora listening session today, the volume went beserk at the start of a Karen carpenter song. thank god it wasn't a Scorpions song!!!
    03-24-10 03:12 PM
    I had an audio bug that was caused by Vlingo and affected Slacker, Pandora and the default media player, but I just posted a new thread this morning stating that this bug no longer exists in the newest version of Vlingo (4.5). So if you have Vlingo installed, I'd be willing to bet that the bug lies in Vlingo; go download the newest version from vlingo.com.
    Wow will you look at that Dave? I suppose that is RIMs fault. Missed the point but that's ok. LOL maybe they should exchange their phones instead?

03-24-10 04:05 PM
    Wow will you look at that Dave? I suppose that is RIMs fault. Missed the point but that's ok. LOL maybe they should exchange their phones instead?

no comment
    03-24-10 04:42 PM
    I just upgraded from 2.0.91 to 3.0454, I thought I had the most recent version but I guess not. I was relying on App World to notify me when an upgrade became available; not very dependable..

it happens to me in both Pandora and Slacker. My take on it is (I sleep with music on) they want to make sure you're listening to the music if not get off their servers. Both services would all the sudden turn volume way up and wake me up.
    When I use on Pandora on the computer, they pause the music after being idle for a certain amount of time; I would assume it would be the same on mobile devices. Cranking the music after an idle amount of time is just a law suit waiting to happen.

Here's a list of 3rd party apps I have installed which doesn't include Vlingo:
    Amazon.com, Bank of America Mobile Banking, DEiks Dictionary Reader, BerryBlab, BerryBuzz, berryweather, captureit, cbs sports tourney, currencyconverter, dailyhoroscope, easybartender, google maps, google sync, i-phrase chinese midlet suite, iheartradio, mliaberry, monopoly here and now, multialarm pro, opera mini, pandora, poynt, promaji, protranslatelite, quiclaunch, quickpull, scoremobile, searchcraig, showmetheimages, stormslider, superstore, talklikeapirate, tflnberry, ubertwitter, ultimatelock, ups mobile, urbanspoon, whippoh, worldmate, wwf earth hour.
    I just recently downloaded a bunch of random free apps that I don't even use.

Hopefully the upgraded version will fix this problem and I will keep you guys upgraded on my experience. Thanks for the help.
    03-24-10 06:00 PM
    Are you guys using the Audio Boost feature? I notice at the beginning of songs it starts off soft and gets loud. Maybe the the boost is a little buggy. I was going to experiment with it on and off.

I've never encountered weird volume issues in a middle of a song though.
    03-24-10 06:10 PM
    I have this issue with Pandora. It may also be in Slacker, but I haven't listened to it long enough to see. Has been in the last 3 O/S's I have used. I just assumed it was a bug in Pandora, but now I will have to test it out with Slacker to see.
    03-24-10 06:30 PM
    Hey guys,
    I have this issue when playing the Ambiance app at night. Usually around 4 hours into it. I don't have slacker installed. I have the latest Pandora. Also on my 3rd Storm 2 and the current one and last one both have this issue. I think its an OS issue.

Scott

04-05-10 08:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD