I'm kind of new to the BB world but I'm picking up on it slowly. I was all excited when the app store opened and did some research and comparisons before getting certain apps. I love(d) Slacker when I first got it. But in the last few days its been buffering way too much then restarting my phone. I'm not sure if its Slacker, or the Sprint service (cuz I have very few bars when it gets all spazy on me)

I haven't upgraded the OS or anything so any advice or links or anything that could help would be appreciated.
    04-28-09 09:35 AM
    should use pandora instead.
    04-28-09 09:59 AM
    Depends on how you want to use the service. Slacker has a major advantage over other types of players because it allows you to "cache" your music to the memory card in the Blackberry. So when you listen to your music it plays directly from the card with no airtime being used. This was extremely convenient recently for me when I was on a 3 hour flight and had no cell coverage - I cranked up Slacker and turned the radio off on my Blackberry and had 3 hours of music. Another advantage is the buffering is much less severe when playing "cached" music.
    04-28-09 10:29 AM
    I'm kind of new to the BB world but I'm picking up on it slowly. I was all excited when the app store opened and did some research and comparisons before getting certain apps. I love(d) Slacker when I first got it. But in the last few days its been buffering way too much then restarting my phone. I'm not sure if its Slacker, or the Sprint service (cuz I have very few bars when it gets all spazy on me)

I haven't upgraded the OS or anything so any advice or links or anything that could help would be appreciated.
    Have you set up caching?
    04-28-09 10:53 AM
    I've done a battery pull and I tried Pandora. Couldn't get Pandora to work so I took it off. I don't have a computer to use or I would cache the **** outta my favorite stations!
    04-28-09 11:02 AM
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE Slacker and have even been listening to it in my car with just a simple audio cable.

BUT starting a couple days ago, Slacker would only play the first 20 seconds or so of a song and then freeze and restart my BB. This was with cached stations and live music. I did an online help chat at slacker.com and was told I was using an older version of the player. I updated to 1.1.23 and now I can hear entire songs, but it is still restarting on me periodically. Since this NEVER happened before my upgrade, I am pretty sure it's from the newer version. I'm bummed about this and I really hope it doesn't continue...
    04-29-09 05:55 PM
    I know its off topic but you gotta check this out. Im sure you'll appreciate the notice. 1 Sale A Day, Daily Deal
    04-29-09 05:56 PM
    If you have bad/poor signal strength it can increase the buffer times, and on occassion overload the phone so it reboots. The best way to get around this is to cache a station; granted the OP mentioned he doesn't have a PC to do this with (do you have access to a public library with computers? School? Work?).

As for the reboots it could be a combination of your phone and Slacker. Just like normal PCs, BBs need to be rebooted every so often; this frees up memory, just like on a normal PC. Its a good idea to reboot your phone every couple of days anyways, so its possible if it hadn't been rebooted in awhile your phone got low on free memory and it just happened Slacker was running then and your phone decided to reboot.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-09 08:45 PM
    Is there a pandora radio app?
    04-29-09 09:04 PM
    Is there a pandora radio app?
    Pandora Radio - Listen to Free Internet Radio, Find New Music
    04-29-09 09:08 PM
    Hi
    I have been lurking on this forum for a few weeks, but wanted to say something that might help someone else with Slacker radio. I had installed Slacker on my new phone, but noticed after an hour or so of playing it would reboot the phone. After a few days of this, and being afraid that it was somehow hurting my phone, I removed Slacker and listened to Pandora and my MP3's.
    Last week when I was reading about how to free memory on the BB, it said to increase the size to 12mb. It was factory set at 5mb. Since I did that, I reinstalled Slacker, just wanted to try again, and it has been playing all morning with no reboots! This is not caching, I am just playing it live streaming. Haven't tried the caching yet. Maybe this will help, something to try anyway.
    05-05-09 10:51 AM
    I have the same problem with rebooting just happened 3 times in the last hour. Will try the memory thing and let u know

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-09 07:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD