I've been running Slacker for a couple weeks now and have a couple questions.

1) Is it horribly slow on all Curves? It takes forever to load and start playing a song, even if it is from a cached station.

2) There is a slight problem when playing music through the headphone jack plugged into PC speakers. If I receive an email the music momentarily stops playing from the jack and instead plays through the phone speaker. I found the problem is solved by switching to a Vibrate profile, but I'd prefer to fix the problem rather than use a workaround.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
    03-17-09 12:42 PM
    Slacker did nothing but slow my phone down and freeze it. I deleted it and I don't miss it.
    03-17-09 12:50 PM
    The startup is slow. Once it's running, I found that if I hit alt + escape and then go to the home screen I can use another app reliably. However, given how big an app Slacker is and the resources it needs I pretty much don't do anything else when I'm using Slacker. Most of the time it's just to listen to in my car.

The music cut out happens to me as well. Can't you use the Slacker web player on your computer, rather than playing it through your BB?
    03-17-09 01:02 PM
    The startup is slow. Once it's running, I found that if I hit alt + escape and then go to the home screen I can use another app reliably. However, given how big an app Slacker is and the resources it needs I pretty much don't do anything else when I'm using Slacker. Most of the time it's just to listen to in my car.

The music cut out happens to me as well. Can't you use the Slacker web player on your computer, rather than playing it through your BB?
    Good to hear I'm not alone.

I use Slacker on my phone while at work, where all streaming media is blocked.
    Last edited by negativez0; 03-17-09 at 01:24 PM. Reason: i spel gud
    03-17-09 01:07 PM
    Cache a few stations instead of streaming. Battery life improves and very little if any buffering.
    03-17-09 01:13 PM
    Cache a few stations instead of streaming. Battery life improves and very little if any buffering.
    Thanks for the advice, but I fail to see how that answers either of my questions.
    03-17-09 01:23 PM
    Thanks for the advice, but I fail to see how that answers either of my questions.
    I'll take a stab...

1. Yes. It's slow on all Curve's, even with cached stations. I think this may be the way the program stores data on the memory card. This is a complete guess. I think it stores sections of different songs together as large files. I picture it like a puzzle. The program then loads the songs up prior to playing, or puts the puzzle together, if you will...

2. This isn't a question. (I use vibrate too. It has to cut the music to play the message alert if you have them on. Never had the speakerphone turn on though.)

All and all, it's a supermodel of an app. Frustrating and high maintenance to get it to work, but when it does it's the best. Just keep telling yourself--It's free! I got to cancel XM finally.
    03-17-09 02:04 PM
    I'll take a stab...
    <clip>
    2. This isn't a question.
    You got me there!

I guess I'll just tolerate the bugs. I'm going to keep using it for a while longer before I pull the trigger, but I think my XM may end up on ebay.
    03-17-09 02:38 PM
    Yeah, sorry about that, I kinda misread the query. Yes, It it does slow down the ops of the BB a bit. And if you're streaming instead of caching it's even worse. And the cutout thing is fairly universal. I just set mine to vibrate and it went away.
    03-18-09 08:51 AM
    I enjoy Slacker everyday at the gym!!! No problems at all... Jus one question... Is it possible to stop the incoming messages and interupting calls from coming threw??? Thank you my fellow CB users and abuserz

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-09 09:25 AM
    As I mentioned- set it to vibrate. that seems to eliminate most of the cutout issues.
    03-18-09 09:47 AM
    Ok great I will try that out!!! Thanks for the quick reply.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-09 09:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD