I have tried to download the slacker application as per the instructions--visit slacker.com from my phone's browser but nothing happens.
    There is a "loading, please wait" bar that fills almost completely and then stops at the very end and never finishes. The rest of the page is pretty much blank (dark background).
    I am running 4.5 but I was wondering if it may have something to do with me having Centennial Wireless? I've never had success getting any apps to work...page once, xm radio, any and all streaming video/music.
    Any suggestions?

Thanks
    01-08-09 06:24 PM
    I was running into the same thing with opera.. i changed to the browser that came w/the phone and the page loaded mobile.. downloaded and started up fine.

hope that helps.
    01-08-09 06:32 PM
    Unfortunately no, I've been using the brower that came with it. I tried using opera and that didn't work either. :-\
    01-08-09 06:36 PM
    Try using this link from your phone browser:

http://www.slacker.com/dwls/bb/slacker_mobile.jad
    01-08-09 06:42 PM
    Are you sure your Internet settings are set so that your Browser appears as a BlackBerry browser. It sounds like you're viewing in full HTML and not the default setting, being Emulation > BlackBerry.
    01-08-09 06:43 PM
    Thanks guys, I tried switching the emulation right before I checked for any more updates and that worked.
    Thanks for the help!
    01-08-09 06:46 PM
    Downloaded, by when I start it asks for an account. Tried to create an account, but keep getting an unable to create account message. I can't find anywhere on the website to create an account. Any thoughts?
    01-08-09 07:41 PM
    downloaded and works like a charm so far with the BB Browser
    01-08-09 07:50 PM
    Solved my problem. I already had an account. I think I tried slacker on my PC some time ago. Still having problems signing in though. Can connect to the server.
    01-08-09 07:54 PM
    I had the same problem wnm, if you go through and get the actual online player up there is a "sign in" button near the top of the player and you can register on there. Going to try that and hopefully it'll let me log in.
    01-08-09 07:55 PM
    I was logged in from my PC, but I can connect from my BB.
    01-08-09 08:07 PM
    If you have initial login probs not related to existing accounts, try restarting your Berry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-09 08:12 PM
    Same here wnm, I registered but couldn't connect to the service.
    I saw in their forums and there were people who were also having the problem with a few different carriers. Hopefully this will get fixed, I'm tired of having apps that won't run on my phone.
    01-08-09 08:12 PM
    Finally got logged in while on the road this morning. Sound output is very low (using MOTO T505 to my car radio). More importantly the thing is a dog. Every action takes for ever. It to a good 5+ minutes to actually get audible sound, and another 5 minutes to shut the thing off.

Now that I know how to get it working, it's going to the scrap bin. I can always OTA it when I need it.
    01-09-09 06:26 AM
    Finally got logged in while on the road this morning. Sound output is very low (using MOTO T505 to my car radio). More importantly the thing is a dog. Every action takes for ever. It to a good 5+ minutes to actually get audible sound, and another 5 minutes to shut the thing off.

Now that I know how to get it working, it's going to the scrap bin. I can always OTA it when I need it.
    Your best bet with this thing is to Cache some stations over to your SD card. As long as you do that you won't have to wait forever for things to buffer

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-09 06:40 AM
    Your best bet with this thing is to Cache some stations over to your SD card. As long as you do that you won't have to wait forever for things to buffer
    That is how I am using it mostly. Definitely helps with the menu speed issues.
    01-09-09 08:05 AM
    I can't seem to figure out how to play cached stations. I did the sync this morning with my USB cable. But when I open the media card, there is nothing to play music! Any ideas?
    01-09-09 08:29 AM
    You don't play the station from a folder. Open the app, click on
    Cached Stations and select the one you want to listen to.

I answered this in both threads. Generally you only need to ask a
    question in one place.
    01-09-09 08:42 AM
    Slacker is great..
    Last edited by 930chas; 01-09-09 at 10:09 AM. Reason: I figured my problem out...
    01-09-09 09:06 AM
    I have a friend that owns an unlocked ATT Curve with T-Mobile service. He installed Slacker today, but he tried to run it, it tells him "The application Slacker_mobile has attempted to open a location inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by your IT policy". Any ideas? Mine works great with My Srpint 8330
    01-09-09 10:21 AM
    Trying this again now.

I downloaded Slacker to my BB again and ran. This was a false start, because it go hung up on the old Slacker data on my Media Card.

Deleted Slacker from my BB and all slacker data from my media card.

Download Slacker to my BB and ran. Started up and it's currently playing with out dropouts. Selected caching for a couple of stations and figured out that I have to sync my cached stations on my BB/Media Card with Slacker which is happening now (and to quote my very mean 3rd grade teacher "is slower than molasses in January", but it is working).

I gather that after doing the sync, the next time I run Slacker, it will run faster and caching will provide smooth music (everything else be equal).

I did run into one problem where I got the message that to the station cache will take affect the next time I connect my BB to my PC with USB. I did that and my BB rebooted (which the first time that has ever happened to me).

I also noted a message that the station cache won't work until I disconnect my BB from my computer.

Hopefully I'll get this caching business straightened out so I can try it in my car on the way home.
    01-09-09 10:47 AM
    I have a friend that owns an unlocked ATT Curve with T-Mobile service. He installed Slacker today, but he tried to run it, it tells him "The application Slacker_mobile has attempted to open a location inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by your IT policy". Any ideas? Mine works great with My Srpint 8330
    Shut down the app.

Disable the firewall. Options > Security Settings > Firewall.

Restart the app.
    01-09-09 11:04 AM
    Shut down the app.

Disable the firewall. Options > Security Settings > Firewall.

Restart the app.
    Hey said there is a lock icon next to the firewall and it wont let him do anything.
    01-09-09 12:26 PM
    Hey said there is a lock icon next to the firewall and it wont let him do anything.
    Then there is an IT policy on his phone. If this is a unit on BES through work
    only the BES administrator is going to be able to help with that.
    01-09-09 12:37 PM
    Then there is an IT policy on his phone. If this is a unit on BES through work
    only the BES administrator is going to be able to help with that.
    He didn't I guess he has to call tmobile and chew them out. It's probably why youtube doesn't work for him either.
    01-09-09 12:42 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD