View Poll Results: Which Slacker version do/did you have?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Free version

29 80.56%
  • Slacker Premium

6 16.67%
  • Free --> Premium --> Free

0 0%
  • Free --> Uninstalled

1 2.78%
  • Free --> Premium --> Uninstalled

0 0%
    The title pretty much says it all about my question... I love Slacker (free version) and use it almost daily. Sometimes I do hit the "skip 6 times only" wall and then I'd think about upgrading. To those of you out there who has the paid version - is it worth it?

Thanks for responding.
    03-17-09 05:18 PM
    The title pretty much says it all about my question... I love Slacker (free version) and use it almost daily. Sometimes I do hit the "skip 6 times only" wall and then I'd think about upgrading. To those of you out there who has the paid version - is it worth it?

Thanks for responding.
    It was definitely worth it for me because depending on the station, I could easily surpass the "6 skip" threshold. Although most stations that I listen to I can just let it play. Financially it was a no-brainer for me because it allowed me to eliminate my almost $40/month XM Radio bill (4 units!), and replace it with $47/year. The added control (no commercials, unlimited song requests) also makes it very worth the money IMHO.
    03-17-09 05:54 PM
    I suppose if you keep hitting the skip wall then by all means go for the paid version. Personally if I run into that wall I hit a different channel.

On a side note, I couldn't be happier with Slacker on the storm. It kept me satisfied on a 2 hour drive into the desert and an entire party entertained all night. This is the most impressive storm application I've use to date.
    03-17-09 06:38 PM
    It was definitely worth it for me because depending on the station, I could easily surpass the "6 skip" threshold. Although most stations that I listen to I can just let it play. Financially it was a no-brainer for me because it allowed me to eliminate my almost $40/month XM Radio bill (4 units!), and replace it with $47/year. The added control (no commercials, unlimited song requests) also makes it very worth the money IMHO.
    hi bearkat38 - do you find it faster or just the same?

also - besides unlimited song requests and unlimited skips, what other perks does it have?

thanks!
    03-17-09 09:19 PM
    I've had the free version of Slacker since it came out and it's pretty much replaced my iPod. My iPod was epic, it had 140 gb's of everything you would ever want to listen to. It just seemed like it was getting to be a lot of work; keeping everything organized, carrying around my phone and ipod, updating playlists, etc. Now don't get me wrong, I love my iPod and it's still my baby, but the break has been nice. Sometimes I hit the 6 skip wall on the Raunchy Comedy station (I hate those blue collar comedy guys), but I don't mind, what with it being free and all.

One more thing: In case you haven't already, CACHE YOUR FAVORITE STATIONS! I can't tell you what a difference it makes.
    03-17-09 09:50 PM
    I've had the free version of Slacker since it came out and it's pretty much replaced my iPod. My iPod was epic, it had 140 gb's of everything you would ever want to listen to. It just seemed like it was getting to be a lot of work; keeping everything organized, carrying around my phone and ipod, updating playlists, etc. Now don't get me wrong, I love my iPod and it's still my baby, but the break has been nice. Sometimes I hit the 6 skip wall on the Raunchy Comedy station (I hate those blue collar comedy guys), but I don't mind, what with it being free and all.

One more thing: In case you haven't already, CACHE YOUR FAVORITE STATIONS! I can't tell you what a difference it makes.
    LOL... I too have given my IPod a small break... and believe you me, that is a feat in itself (i LOVE my IPod)

As far as the Cache feature... I cant seem to make it work... I have hooked up my phone via the USB to the desktop manager but my stations wont Cache??? I guess I'll have to keep playing around with it
    03-17-09 09:58 PM
    The premium is well worth it. It's nice to be able to have unlimited requests and skips since I use it frequently.
    03-17-09 10:08 PM
    LOL... I too have given my IPod a small break... and believe you me, that is a feat in itself (i LOVE my IPod)

As far as the Cache feature... I cant seem to make it work... I have hooked up my phone via the USB to the desktop manager but my stations wont Cache??? I guess I'll have to keep playing around with it
    Hi Captainprophesy,

I haven't tried it yet but I ran a search on CB and saw this:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/sl...86/index2.html

the answer by suezyg23 seems to be more complete. i have not tried to cache stations yet so i'll let you know once i have followed the directions! been pretty busy these days...

Good luck!
    03-19-09 12:03 PM
    Cached Slacker stations is the way to go...

I'm happy with the Free version, jumping to other stations if I ever hit the 6-skip-per-hour limit (I haven't so far). I refresh the cached stations at night as it does take a while. Cached stations means no more delays in between songs, hiccups while playing songs, no more "buffering", and allows me to start playing songs when the phone has no reception (underground parking).
    03-19-09 12:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD