for those out there (like me most times) that never visit the home page here, both music applications have released updates.
    06-01-09 09:38 PM
    Slacker was not an easy one for me. Application looped several times, had to reboot. Then it killed my cached stations and told me I had no room to cache any stations. That is, until I found a folder on the memory card called "slacker delete me"! That was my old cache files. After some hiccups, it's all working fine now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-09 06:51 AM
    That delete part threw me a bit. The last os update wiped out my cached stations too. Here is the easiest way I have found to fix it. Go on your computer. Log into slacker. Add any stations you want to cache to your favorites folder. Now anytime you loose the cahed stations for whatever reason you have a list of them in a seperate place and don't have to go through all of them. Likewise with custom stations. Easier to edit on the computer and just hit update stations on the bb

06-02-09 07:40 AM
    Are you guys both rollin with the new slacker???? I have been having issues ever since I updated!? First I ran into the cached station runaround and then found a folder on my memory card that was holding 974MB!!! I cache 4 stations!!! So I got rid of it and re-cached but now when I'm running the app every song shows the same length!!! It could be on 4:35 into the song but it will always show the total length as the same for everysong!!! Just a small annoyance!
    06-02-09 10:30 AM
    Is slacker painfully slow on the 8350i for you? I'm not talking about buffering and download speed over the iDEN network, but just general application feel.

Mine is very sluggish. Moving between screens, opening the menu, even turning the volume up or down takes a while between button press and response from the app.

I used Slacker on my Bold before and the 8350i has a slower processor but I think it shouldn't be as slow as what I'm seeing.
    06-16-09 09:51 PM
    It is sluggish at times. Especialy when trying to check email or something while its running. But I think its worth it for the cache feature

06-17-09 04:38 AM
    Thanks for the update!
    06-18-09 10:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD