07-28-09 06:12 PM
34 12
tools
    I just downloaded Slacker Radio last night and today my battery went dead in five hours. I only used Slacker for about 2 hours. But my battery seemed to drain continuously even after i selected "shut slacker down". Is there and fix to this and/or is there a way to delete third party apps?
    02-11-09 05:23 PM
    Two hours of slacker is pretty rough on the phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-09 05:24 PM
    i usually onl y listen to mine at the office while its plugged in. But i can imagine how it would drain the battery life.
    02-11-09 05:31 PM
    It had only taken up about a bar and a half when I was done. But it kept draining.
    02-11-09 05:40 PM
    It had only taken up about a bar and a half when I was done. But it kept draining.
    I haven't had that problem and I use slacker a lot. Are you actually closing the application? If not maybe it's still running in the background and draining the battery.
    02-11-09 05:43 PM
    I go into the program and click shut slacker down. Hmm. Maybe I just wore the battery out for those two hours.
    02-11-09 05:57 PM
    I downloaded Slacker the other day and I have noticed my battery is terrible now. I haven't opened Slacker all day and where as I normally would have a good 3/4 battery left I only have one bar and 1/4 of a bar left.

I really want to use Slacker but if my battery keeps doing this then I may have to delete it
    02-13-09 12:08 PM
    This is scary... slacker is one of the biggest things I'm looking forward to with the storm. I plan to stream it while commuting.
    02-13-09 01:25 PM
    No issues here and I use slacker all the time...To and from work...about 3 hrs a day...and I can go two days on battery..Now if you jamming with the phone speaker I'm sure it will drain it faster.
    02-13-09 02:03 PM
    I've noticed that if I cache a station then the battery life is better.........Might be because its playing the station off your memory card and not "streaming" it the whole time..........
    02-13-09 02:07 PM
    i limit myself to an hour of streaming a day, whether it's slacker or flycast, they are battery killers. The beauty of slacker is the caching, playing cached stations is no worse than playing mp3's.
    The battery gauge is not like the gas gauge in a car, it takes a little bit to get the right level after a heavy drain. As long as you hit shut down slacker, you were just seeing your battery level out.
    02-13-09 02:13 PM
    My girlfriend's Storm can play Slacker for 2 hours straight and maybe lose a bar if that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-09 02:16 PM
    using the radio continuously for 2 hours is HEAVY drain on the phone. its basically like having a 2 hour conversation.

when you post your slacker results you must inlclude if they are with cache playback or streamed playback. big difference.
    02-13-09 02:19 PM
    Mine was streaming so I will try the cache.. i also just downloaded the new version so hope that helps!

Thanks so much
    02-13-09 02:23 PM
    Before posting this I want to say I LOVE Slacker and have axed XM radio for it. No matter what I will live with it and keep it. BUT that being said....I have the new version and I can tell you even when it is shutdown....there is something about Slacker that is draining the battery faster. I never had battery issues before installing Slacker.

I have not changed ANYTHING on my Storm since installing slacker or even for weeks before that.

As a test I made sure Slacker was shut down, I then did a battery pull first thing in the AM and did NOT use Slacker at all the entire day. By days end sure enough, my battery level was down under 50%. Prior to Slacker it would be 75% or better by bed time. So....I am not sure what but it is doing something. I really dont want to remove it just to test my theory, instead I will buy a 1600 mHa battery from Seidio. :-)
    Last edited by Proxis; 02-28-09 at 09:48 PM.
    02-28-09 09:45 PM
    Does anyone know what bitrate slacker streams at? Hopefully at least 128?
    02-28-09 11:05 PM
    I had Slacker running, deleted this morning. I noticed even thou I shut it down properly and had not even ran it in a couple days that my battery was still draining like crazy. I was to the point I had to recharge the battery at least twice a day. I would charge it to 100% around 8pm, and when I went to bed I set it to Bedside mode and when I woke up at 5:30am it was at 10%. I first thought it was something else so I completely turned off WiFi and GPS, but still kept having battery drain. Since I uninstalled it this morning it has only gone down by 5%.
    03-03-09 12:56 PM
    No problems here, i just make sure i close it properly
    03-03-09 01:09 PM
    I've noticed that if I cache a station then the battery life is better.........Might be because its playing the station off your memory card and not "streaming" it the whole time..........
    2nd this post. Agreed.
    03-10-09 12:50 PM
    I just downloaded Slacker Radio last night and today my battery went dead in five hours. I only used Slacker for about 2 hours. But my battery seemed to drain continuously even after i selected "shut slacker down". Is there and fix to this and/or is there a way to delete third party apps?
    how are you charging your phone? phone shut off? bedside mode? phone on?
    03-16-09 02:37 PM
    I agree with Niteshift, about Slacker draining the battery. I don't even use it, and the battery drains. And yes, I close all programs properly, not with the escape. So I deleted it. Oh well. Will look for something that doesn't drain it, when I'm not playing it. I mean, I could understand if I were using it. But when it kills the battery when I haven't used it, then it's gotta go.
    Last edited by quendelyn; 04-09-09 at 08:23 PM. Reason: incomplete
    04-09-09 08:20 PM
    I use slacker a lot and I don't have a problem with the battery draining. This is strange.
    04-09-09 11:12 PM
    Me neither... use Slacker 8 hours straight... literally! With no songs in cache. I wonder why.......
    04-10-09 04:00 AM
    I use slacker a lot and I don't have a problem with the battery draining. This is strange.
    Same here. Almost no battery drain for me.

But in all fairness, all my stations are cached.
    04-10-09 05:03 AM
    I have used Slacker in cache mode with a blue tooth headset for as long as 4 hours without a significant increase in battery use. When streaming it really eats the battery which makes sense since it is using wireless data.
    04-10-09 06:54 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD