which uses less bat? cached or streamed?
    04-10-09 10:30 PM
    Cached definitely is easier on the battery... But once I shut down Slacker I have no problems with my battery and I even have Google Maps/Latitude running in the background to share my location.

I use Slacker for roughly 3-5 hours a day, varying between bluetooth headset, plugged into the car speakers, and sometime just jammin' off the berry speaker...

My stations are cached and I might loose half a bar to a full bar after 3 hours of use... I also have a 1600mAh battery from Seidio.

Conditioning batteries is also very important! If you constantly charge your battery to keep it topped off it will discharge faster than if you do a full charge, full discharge, and full charge... Not so important after the first 10 charges but if you follow the full charge/discharge method for the first 6-10 charges your battery will perform much better as it builds a "memory" in the battery.

Yes I know... Li-Ion batteries "don't have" memories like Nimh batteries, but in all honestly they do... Just speaking from personal and co-worker's experiences.
    Last edited by eMpTy43; 04-11-09 at 04:23 AM.
    04-11-09 04:20 AM
    So some people see it, some don't. I'm curious who's running what OS versions...
    04-11-09 04:48 AM
    I use Slacker when I am at the gym. Usually about 2 hours(drive included) and it doesn't drain much of the battery. I would make sure you are really shutting it off when you are done. I also think it depends on your signal strength. I believe I usually have 3-5 bars most of the time.
    04-11-09 07:47 AM
    slackers runs great on my .113..not much battery drain at all :O)
    04-11-09 08:11 AM
    slackers runs great on my .113..not much battery drain at all :O)
    I have been using it since the day I got my phone on every OS from .109 up. I am currently on .122 and still have no issues with it.
    04-11-09 08:44 AM
    I run slacker all day.. It's about 10% battery drain every hour or so. Longest ive gone is 6 hours straight (Non-Cached) on a BT stereo headset and I was still at 30% battery when I was done. I'm on .122 if that helps.
    04-11-09 09:34 AM
    I am havong the same problem with battery drain. I played only cached stations today for about an hour and my battery completely drained. Never had a problem before installing slacker with battery drain
    07-28-09 05:20 PM
    Try FlyCast 2.0 with OTA Burst Caching. You can download cache hours of music, news, sports and talk programming to your device in minutes wirelessly (no USB required) and then listen to the content without using your cell connection. Having the wireless connection engaged is the biggest factor in streaming media battery life. See the YouTube video here - . Additionally, it was built for Storm (and Curve, Bold and Tour), so it has both portrait and landscape modes and lots of other cool features.

FCJ
    07-28-09 06:12 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD