her post was more about the memory leak rather than the slacker push...
    Thank you, Sha- I appreciate you actually reading my thread and getting the point instead of just throwing me a link to something I already read.

Besides, there are plenty of duplicate posts on these forums- and there is no need to be rude about it. It just makes me not want to help those same people when they have issues. We're here to help each other, people.
    07-16-09 08:44 AM
    Forgot to add this.

To view your service book

Options>advanced options>service book

This will show you everything that is in the package regardless if you use it or not.
    Thank you- I appreciate the information about it. I guess I will just learn to live with it... Probably need to reassess what has caused my recent memory leak, if it's not the Slacker business.

Thanks again to all who helped.
    07-16-09 08:46 AM
    I don't have Verizon, but I downloaded Slacker yesterday and I searched on here just to see what everyone thought about it, and I almost crapped when I started reading this! Memory Leak??? Memory Card erased?!?!? Glad to find out that it's not a push thing with USCC...

Sorry that this happened to you guys, I really hope that you can find out what's going on and get it resolved!! It's crap that they just pushed that to your device... if you want it, you would have downloaded it you know? Good Luck!
    07-16-09 08:56 AM
    I don't have Verizon, but I downloaded Slacker yesterday and I searched on here just to see what everyone thought about it, and I almost crapped when I started reading this! Memory Leak??? Memory Card erased?!?!? Glad to find out that it's not a push thing with USCC...

Sorry that this happened to you guys, I really hope that you can find out what's going on and get it resolved!! It's crap that they just pushed that to your device... if you want it, you would have downloaded it you know? Good Luck!
    Well, don't panic too much yet. No one has yet to prove that this memory leak I (and others) are having has anything to do with Slacker. In fact, from what my CB friends are saying, it's pretty unlikely that they are related.

I'm sure Slacker is fine- many people have it and love it. I am just memory leaking all over the place. Gah.
    07-16-09 08:58 AM
    I noticed this too after I used Quickpull. I saw in another thread to delete service books and restart. I'll see if it works.
    07-16-09 09:41 AM
    I don't have slacker. I have used Quickpull a couple of times and told it to refreash applications.
    07-16-09 09:45 AM
    It worked, Slacker is gone.
    07-16-09 09:51 AM
    I did a reset to see if I got it, and sure enough it is there. This is horrid. I am sick of VZW doing this. I am on the phone with them right now complaining. I pay $200 a month for service and I already told them I don't want to receive these things when they pushed Vcast ID on my phone.
    07-16-09 09:51 AM
    What worked?
    07-16-09 10:02 AM
    I noticed this too after I used Quickpull. I saw in another thread to delete service books and restart. I'll see if it works.
    What worked?
    First part.
    07-16-09 10:03 AM
    it will work, but it WILL come back.

Only permanent solution is to hide the icon and forget about it.
    07-16-09 10:14 AM
    it will work, but it WILL come back.

Only permanent solution is to hide the icon and forget about it.
    Yes correct it will comeback, unfortunately the only way to 'get rid of it' is by hiding it. I don't like it either but its the only way.
    07-16-09 10:16 AM
    I saw it this morning and it doesn't affect my memory. It's just a link to download an app, nothing more. My memory is the same today as it was yesterday.

I'm not going to say "stop your b#tching" because it wouldn't stop you and it would just get you p.o'd. But these things are going to pop up from time to time. Acceptance is the key here. If you were to purchase a brand new Storm today, you would probably see these new icons.
    07-16-09 11:34 AM
    hrm...Slacker is nowhere to be found on my Storm...
    07-16-09 12:29 PM
    I saw it this morning and it doesn't affect my memory. It's just a link to download an app, nothing more. My memory is the same today as it was yesterday.

I'm not going to say "stop your b#tching" because it wouldn't stop you and it would just get you p.o'd. But these things are going to pop up from time to time. Acceptance is the key here. If you were to purchase a brand new Storm today, you would probably see these new icons.
    I'm not b#tching, just saying that all of a sudden I appear to have a memory leak that has come from nowhere- and the only thing I was unsure about was this new icon from Slacker. I don't care about new icons, and I am fine with hiding it. And I would equally be fine with getting a new Storm and seeing the icon- as long as it wasn't the cause of my mem. leak.
    07-16-09 01:08 PM
    I'm not b#tching, just saying that all of a sudden I appear to have a memory leak that has come from nowhere- and the only thing I was unsure about was this new icon from Slacker. I don't care about new icons, and I am fine with hiding it. And I would equally be fine with getting a new Storm and seeing the icon- as long as it wasn't the cause of my mem. leak.
    just curious! im not gonna say nething that mite p!ss u off
    have u tried the following? ?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/re...y-leak-235048/

seems to work w/ a lot of ppl who tend to have mem leaks...worked for me i now stay around 44mb (even w/ slacker icon)
    (running 151 os)
    07-16-09 01:10 PM
    just curious! im not gonna say nething that mite p!ss u off
    have u tried the following? ?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/re...y-leak-235048/

seems to work w/ a lot of ppl who tend to have mem leaks...worked for me i now stay around 44mb (even w/ slacker icon)
    (running 151 os)
    Sorry guys- I am totally not mad/p*ssed/irritated (for real)- I think my typing just sounds like I am. I honestly appreciate the feedback- was just trying to relay above that I am actually not ticked about the icon and such.

Anyhow, I will check out that thread and see if anything helps. I honestly (and genuinely!) do appreciate the help. Let's all be friends now.
    07-16-09 01:18 PM
    Sorry guys- I am totally not mad/p*ssed/irritated (for real)- I think my typing just sounds like I am. I honestly appreciate the feedback- was just trying to relay above that I am actually not ticked about the icon and such.

Anyhow, I will check out that thread and see if anything helps. I honestly (and genuinely!) do appreciate the help. Let's all be friends now.
    no problem

Ok!
    07-16-09 01:25 PM
    Yeah, and we can't have people thinking that Slacker is a POS! It is not. I use it all the time, although I do not use it to stream music. Rather I use it to cache custom stations (16!) so that I can listen on the plane. Just checked my phone and no additional Slacker icon. I am just getting ready to load a new hybrid. Should be interesting to see if it pushes after. Just out of curiosity: those who got the icon BIS or BES? I am BES and that may account for why no icon, although the other two Verizon icons did get pushed last week. Just a thought...
    07-16-09 05:51 PM
    wtf--all of sudden my phone just rebooted on its own and now i have the slacker icon and now my memory went from 48 to 47.5 and i cant get it back to 48--what gives--lol
    Last edited by liguy2005; 07-16-09 at 06:54 PM.
    07-16-09 06:38 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD