I looked at my phone this a.m., and all of a sudden I have an icon for Slacker Radio, which I have never downloaded. It also doesn't show up on my applications list. Any ideas here? I want to get rid of it, and have no idea why it's there!

Thanks for the help in advance
    07-16-09 06:04 AM
    When I looked at my phone this AM it was down about 7 MB from its normal (49. I thought wierd and rebooted it and it was back to where it should be. Sure enough this thread got me to look on my device.

Looks like it was pushed out to my Storm also.

I really wish they would stop doing that.

Sorry for the hijack Princess. I am not sure how to remove it at this point. Its kinda just there now like Song ID was a few weeks ago.
    07-16-09 06:13 AM
    You're totally not hijacking, it's fine. The reason I noticed it was because my memory dropped below 10MB, which it has never done in the time I have owned the Storm, and QuickPull kicked in and rebooted it.

When it was done rebooting, I deleted Windows Live Messenger (I just downloaded it yesterday, I figured that was the culprit), and when I rebooted, I saw that my MB's were still low (below 20, which is not normal for me). Then I saw the Slacker icon.

Because I didn't activate it, I find it hard to believe it can kill that many MB's, but who knows?

Hope someone out there can help.
    07-16-09 06:20 AM
    And I understand the push thing, too (I am not one of the people who freaked about Song ID a few weeks ago)- but at least with Song ID, there is a place in the apps list that it is located so I can delete it. Not the case here.
    07-16-09 06:21 AM
    same here princess,and my memory dropped 7 tenths,idk,weiird,would verizon push this out?
    07-16-09 06:52 AM
    I don't know, fordracer- I don't see the connection between Verizon and Slacker (whereas I did understand Song ID- it was at least a Verizon service).

It makes no sense! Totally frustrated.

Anyone?
    07-16-09 07:12 AM
    same here,very frustrating,where does this stuff come from?idk...
    07-16-09 07:14 AM
    i wonder how we get it off our phone?will we hae to hook up to dm,and delete it or what?
    07-16-09 07:16 AM
    Not only did this happen to me (even though I already HAVE slacker on my phone), but I am getting a memory card error and it seems like all of my data on my card is gone now. What has happened to my phone? I literally went to sleep, woke up 8 hours later and the error message appears.

WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
    07-16-09 07:17 AM
    So this is sounding like a bigger problem than I originally thought.

No one out there knows the answer? HELP! (ok, that's my last pathetic plea).
    07-16-09 07:20 AM
    Read this thread and then looked at my Storm, it is on mine as well.Why and how do they do this? Also, my memory goes from 28MB to 10MB all the time. I have loaded two additional themes, not sure how much of a drag this is on available memory.
    07-16-09 07:20 AM
    Verizon seemed to push this out with a new v-cast last night.
    I hated slacker when I tried it before. I hope it is better this time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 07:28 AM
    Haven't rebooted for a few days, now don't want to, lol.
    07-16-09 07:33 AM
    Read this thread and then looked at my Storm, it is on mine as well.Why and how do they do this? Also, my memory goes from 28MB to 10MB all the time. I have loaded two additional themes, not sure how much of a drag this is on available memory.
    I don't have this problem- my memory always hovers in the mid-twenties these days, and if I saw it drop 18MB in a day or two, I'd be a bit panicky (but that's me). I don't use any themes, so that's not it either.

The only recent changes to my phone before noticing the memory loss this a.m. was an upgrade to .151 about a week ago and downloading Windows Live Messenger a few days ago (which I have subsequently deleted). It leads me to believe (possibly incorrectly) that this new Slacker on my phone might have something to do with it.
    07-16-09 07:38 AM
    Verizon seemed to push this out with a new v-cast last night.
    I hated slacker when I tried it before. I hope it is better this time.

So is it possible that getting rid of VCast will rid me of Slacker (being that Slacker isn't on the apps list on my phone or DM)? I could care less about VCast, and can easily wave goodbye if that's what happened.
    07-16-09 07:39 AM
    Not only did this happen to me (even though I already HAVE slacker on my phone), but I am getting a memory card error and it seems like all of my data on my card is gone now. What has happened to my phone? I literally went to sleep, woke up 8 hours later and the error message appears.

WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
    Your stuff is still most likely on the card, it's just that the BB can't see it. Pull the card and try reading it on your PC. You should be able to pull everything off on the PC side. Once you have it all coppied to the PC, just reformat the card using your PC. Once this is done, just copy everything back over. I have had to do this a few times and it works every time.
    07-16-09 07:45 AM
    So is it possible that getting rid of VCast will rid me of Slacker (being that Slacker isn't on the apps list on my phone or DM)? I could care less about VCast, and can easily wave goodbye if that's what happened.
    If it is not in your app list, it is not installed. It's similar to the AIM, Facebook, Yahoo, etc icons. They just sit there doing nothing.

Honestly, I would just hide it and not worry about it.

If you click the icon does it open the program, or does it open your browser?
    07-16-09 07:46 AM
    If it is not in your app list, it is not installed. It's similar to the AIM, Facebook, Yahoo, etc icons. They just sit there doing nothing.

Honestly, I would just hide it and not worry about it.

If you click the icon does it open the program, or does it open your browser?

When I open it, it opens to a license agreement on the browser. And I normally wouldn't care about it (and would hide it), but what's up with the memory loss? (Especially b/c others seem to be having this issue, too). I don't mind hiding it, but I also don't want to find out it attributes to a memory leak.
    07-16-09 07:49 AM
    Old News

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/i-j...-storm-268777/

07-16-09 07:52 AM
    Your stuff is still most likely on the card, it's just that the BB can't see it. Pull the card and try reading it on your PC. You should be able to pull everything off on the PC side. Once you have it all coppied to the PC, just reformat the card using your PC. Once this is done, just copy everything back over. I have had to do this a few times and it works every time.
    If only I knew how to do this. If you could possibly explain (in a PM as to not hijack the thread). Thanks for the info and I hope all of my stuff is still on the card.
    07-16-09 08:26 AM
    Its just embedded in their new service books, bell pushes me crap all the time, I just hide it.

Its an installer link.
    If you do not run it, it will not take up more than a few kb of memory for the icon.

It is just a link for the app that is now in partner with your provider and BlackBerry service.

You can go into your service book directory on the phone and delete the section linked to slacker.

But next time you do a reboot it will show up again because it will verify the service book and fill in any blanks.

Hope this helps
    07-16-09 08:29 AM
    Forgot to add this.

To view your service book

Options>advanced options>service book

This will show you everything that is in the package regardless if you use it or not.
    07-16-09 08:32 AM
    Old News

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/i-j...-storm-268777/

her post was more about the memory leak rather than the slacker push...
    07-16-09 08:35 AM
    her post was more about the memory leak rather than the slacker push...
    You tell em Sha!

PS - long time no talk!
    07-16-09 08:39 AM
    Same happened to me... But I already had slacker. I got two other icons the day before yesterday, vcast and something else.... Niether of which you can delete. I don't like RIM pushing extra software on the phone as it takes up more memory.

07-16-09 08:40 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD