ok.. so slacker on my 8530 opens and all i get is a black screen.. tried the battery pull... havent tried re-installing it tho. anyone have any other suggestions?

also im kinda upset that Pandora isnt supported on this model, just throwin that out there
    07-20-10 03:49 AM
    ok.. so slacker on my 8530 opens and all i get is a black screen.. tried the battery pull... havent tried re-installing it tho. anyone have any other suggestions?

also im kinda upset that Pandora isnt supported on this model, just throwin that out there
    Pandora should work perfectly on the 8530. Check here. It supports your carrier too, which is Alltell?

It works fine on my 8530.
    07-20-10 12:14 PM
    I can't figure out how to get it to work. It downloads some file named "872" to my phone, which I presume is some installation wizard, but my phone isn't able to execute it.

EDIT- Never mind! just go to www. pandora. com from your BB browser and it's a piece of cake.
    Last edited by w_huisman; 07-20-10 at 02:28 PM.
    07-20-10 02:12 PM
    i tried pandora.com and the app world... they both say its not supported by my model or carrier... which is odd if it works on your 8530 then its supported by the model... and i had it on my 8330 so its supported by my carrier... so idk... but i uninstalled and re installed slacker and thats working now so... thanks anyways guys
    07-20-10 02:43 PM
    If you're on Alltel and you're using an 8530, then I guarantee it's supported by your carrier and your phone model since those are also my specs and I'm listening to Pandora right now.

However, I did have to select AT&T as the carrier during the install IIRC.
    07-20-10 02:52 PM
    i tried pandora.com and the app world... they both say its not supported by my model or carrier... which is odd if it works on your 8530 then its supported by the model... and i had it on my 8330 so its supported by my carrier... so idk... but i uninstalled and re installed slacker and thats working now so... thanks anyways guys
    Try going directly from here.

Slacker and Pandora pretty much works the same, but some people really like Pandora. I do like Pandora, personally, but would use Slacker.
    07-20-10 04:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD