I'm so fed up right now. It always has to be something. I finally got my 4gb memory card so I could start caching stations and it worked fine this morning coming into work. Went to use it coming home and there were ZERO stations listed under the cached category. Why would this be happening???
    02-25-09 06:27 PM
    Did you try doing the slacker sync?
    02-25-09 08:36 PM
    Yes. Firstly, everytime I exit Slacker, I do so from the menu so it is completely closed. I left it on overnight to finish caching the 16 stations I wanted it to. When I woke up, I disconnected it from my USB and went on my merry way to work and the stations were cached and it worked properly. My phone stays on all day while I am at work and I simply reopened Slacker for my commute home. Only this time, no cached stations!

Does that make things any clearer as to why this may have happened?
    02-25-09 10:00 PM
    What does cacheing the stations actually do? I dont understand
    02-26-09 01:41 AM
    Caching preloads music on your media card for smooth playback. It's like a big buffer. You can select stations to cache when running slacker. Then when you connect your BB to your PC, there's a program on your media card call slacker.synclauncher.exe that syncs your cached stations from slacker.com to your BB.
    02-26-09 06:18 AM
    Yes. Firstly, everytime I exit Slacker, I do so from the menu so it is completely closed. I left it on overnight to finish caching the 16 stations I wanted it to. When I woke up, I disconnected it from my USB and went on my merry way to work and the stations were cached and it worked properly. My phone stays on all day while I am at work and I simply reopened Slacker for my commute home. Only this time, no cached stations!

Does that make things any clearer as to why this may have happened?
    Sorry, should have been a little clearer. What I meant was that before you went home did you sync slacker again? I don't think you should have to do this, but I was curious if your problem arose after syncing again.
    02-26-09 06:20 AM
    Sorry, should have been a little clearer. What I meant was that before you went home did you sync slacker again? I don't think you should have to do this, but I was curious if your problem arose after syncing again.
    When I went home, I plugged my phone back up to my PC via USB and used Slacker's syncing application to update all my cached stations (I guess it's going to do this everytime I plug my phone in). This morning, on the way in to work, all 16 of my cached stations showed up and played fine. My fear is that this evening, they will suddenly not be there again.
    02-26-09 07:40 AM
    What happened the first time is not normal behavior. I last synced on Tuesday and my cached stations still show up. See what happens this evening.
    02-26-09 08:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD